royalty au | k.ys

"huh, i thought i'd find you here," a voice said startling you. you weren't expecting anyone to in the palace library, but when you turned and saw your fiancé you relaxed. prince!yeosang stood behind you with a warm smile as he walked over to you and sat down next to you.

"oh, yeosang, you scared me," you said softly before turning back to the book in front of you.

"sorry, love," he said as he scooted a little closer to you and then draped the blanket that was around him over your shoulders as well. "what are you reading?" he questioned resting his head on your shoulder.

"just some romance novel some of the maids were talking about. apparently, this is a popular book among young women," you said as you let out a small laugh at the last part.

"is it any good?" he asked and you shrugged.

"kind of. although i wasn't expecting it to be such an erotic book if i'm being honest. maybe that's why it's so popular among women."

"an erotic book? that doesn't sound very princess-like," yeosang teases making you roll your eyes at him.

"i guess it's not, but it's nice to read something different than some autobiography by some old man that hates women," you say and yeosang hums in agreement.

you go back to reading your book and yeosang remains by your side quietly as you read. it doesn't take you too much longer to finish the book and you close with a satisfied smile. glancing down to yeosang, you notice he is asleep, head still resting on your shoulder. you smile softly at him as you set the book down and adjust you and him on the velvet couch.

you lay on your back, yeosang on top of you with the blanket covering the both you. you eventually fall asleep, knowing that tomorrow you're going to regret sleeping on the uncomfortable yet convenient couch.

the next morning, you wake up in your bed by yourself and you wonder how you got here. getting up, you stretch before getting ready for the day. while getting ready you notice the book you were reading on your nightstand with a note stuck to the cover.

thanks for not waking me up last night, you make a comfy bed haha. i woke up and brought you back to your room, because we both know how godly uncomfortable that couch is.

anyway, i would love to see you after you wake up and get ready so maybe come find me!

love yeosang