7. Hushed

Over the next couple of months, Dipper and Bill had a routine.

Every Tuesday they would go to the coffee shop. And every Thursday they would hang out in town.

Dipper had also met Pyronica, Bill's eccentric friend. She usually hung out with them in school and on Thursday's, as she was busy on Tuesday's.

The two boys hung out at the coffee shop, as it was a Tuesday, Dipper had actually managed to get some money together and pay for both him and Bill.

Now they were sitting at their table, waiting for their coffee.

"You know, we've never really hung out at each other's houses before," Bill said.

My house isn't that interesting. Dipper wrote out.

"We could always go to mine," Bill suggested.

What about our coffee?

Bill laughed.

"We can bring it with us," Bill said.

I didn't know you could take it out of the coffee shop...

"Yeah. They put it in disposable cups so you can take it anywhere." Bill said.

Oh...

They decided once their coffee was ready they would go to Bill's house.

Dipper just hoped his father would be at his poker game late today.

They finally got their coffee and they got in Bill's truck, Dipper snatching Bill's phone and aux cord, scrolling through his music before deciding on Mercenary by Panic! At the Disco.

The two boys listened to the music until they turned off the road and into a driveway that had a gate in front of it.

Dipper looked at Bill confused as Bill stopped at the gate, rolling down his window.

He reached out the window and typed in a number into the little keypad in front of the gate.

Once he typed it in, the gate slowly opened, Bill rolling up his window and driving into a big driveway.

And when he parked Dipper finally noticed the house.

It was huge.

Bill was rich.

Dipper looked over at Bill, astonished. Bill seemed to be avoiding his gaze, his face red with embarrassment.

He opened his door and got out, heading to the back to grab his bag.

Dipper got out as well.

When Bill finally met Dipper's eyes, Dipper sighed.

You're rich?

The two of them had started to learn sign language together so it was easier for Dipper to communicate, as he hated writing down things.

"Not exactly. My aunt and uncle are rich. I'm just staying here until I graduate." Bill said.

Parents?

Bill shook his head.

"They were archaeologists. They went on a dig when I was five and I guess the cave collapsed on them." Bill said.

I'm sorry.

Bill waved it off.

"It was a long time ago. I've had time to process it." Bill said, "Plus, my aunt and uncle took me in."