13. Understood

HEY, I UNPUBLISHED BECAUSE I FORGOT TO PUT IN A SONG.

NOTHING IN THE CHAPTER HAS CHANGED. I DIDN'T ACTUALLY ADD IT IN THE CHAPTER ANYWHERE BUT ITS AT THE TOP. PART OF ME BY NECK DEEP.

The doctors tried to tell Dipper that he should stay a couple extra days the next morning but he refused. And as soon as they were done with the tests, he was ready to leave.

Bill and Dipper checked out of the hospital at around 10 AM.

"So, do you want to stop at your house to grab some things?" Bill asked. Dipper nodded.

I don't have much, but I'd like to grab what little I do have before they take the house.

Bill nodded and the two of them drove to the Dipper's house, for what they assumed would be, the last time.

-+--+-+--+-+--+-
Time Skimeo
+-+--+-+--+-+--
Bill pulled up in the driveway of Dipper's house and the two of them got out.

Dipper sat for a moment, staring at the dashboard.

Bill patiently waited for Dipper to be ready. He understood what kind of trauma he had gone through at this house.

Eventually, Dipper took a deep breath and signed, I'm ready.

The two boys got out of the car and walked up the driveway to the front door.

Dipper pulled the key out of his pocket and unlocked the front door.

Bill realized he hadn't seen much more than the entryway to the house.

He looked around and saw broken glass and old beer bottles everywhere. A glance in the kitchen and he saw moldy food sitting on the counter.

Dipper walked past the kitchen, past the living room,  and down a long hallway.

Eventually, they both reached Dipper's door. Dipper opened the door and Bill saw his room for the first time.

His room was small, a mattress with only a blanket was pushed in the corner of the room.

His backpack was on his bed and he had a closet with clothes in a small bin. Other than that, there wasn't much.

Bill almost wondered why Dipper wanted to come back, as he didn't see anything worth keeping. Just as Bill was thinking that Dipper lifted his mattress and pulled out what looked to be an old scrapbook. He grabbed his school bag and dumped it out, putting the scrapbook in it. He also grabbed a few things that had been in his backpack and put them back in. A book, one of his notebooks, and a pen that Bill remembered giving him a few weeks prior.

Dipper also went to his closest and grabbed the few sets of clothes he had and shoved them in his bag.

He also grabbed a small stack of what looked to be postcards that we're hidden under his clothes. They all appeared to be from Gravity Falls.

He grabbed a few other small sentimental items from hidden places around his room before zipping up his bag and shouldering, turning to Bill.

Ok, I'm ready to go. Dipper signed.

"Do you want to...look to make sure there isn't anything else around the house you might want?" Bill asked.

Dipper shook his head.

There's nothing else. Any family heirlooms or old pictures my father either burned or sold after my mom left him. Dipper signed.

"Alright...so...you sure you want to go all the way to Gravity Falls?" Bill asked. Dipper nodded not looking at Bill.

They had danced around the subject, but both of them knew that there was a good chance Dipper wouldn't come back. Bill had offered to let Dipper stay at the northwest mansion until Bill was able to rent his own place for them. But Dipper hadn't answered. He was determined to go to Gravity Falls.

I have to Bill. There's something I've avoided confronting for a long time. I need to see my sister.

"I...know you don't want to really talk about it...but maybe if you told me I could understand, " Bill said.

Dipper said nothing, (well, he never says anything, he signs but you get the point). He walked out to Bill's car, Bill following him.

Once they were out Dipper raised his hands to sign.

It was my fault. I...overreacted. Dipper signed shakily.

My last summer in Gravity Falls, my sister and I were twelve, about to turn thirteen. She spent the summer mostly chasing after boys and I spent the summer researching Gravity Falls. Dipper took a moment to collect himself before continuing.

We were at the Mystery Shack when it happened. I got mad at her because I was trying to impress this girl, who was way out of my league, and she kept bugging me to help her with her own personal project. In the end, the girl got with this guy I hated and I got really mad at my sister. Dipper paused, his hands shaking. He took a deep breath and continued.

We got into an argument, I said some things that I regret. I made her cry...and she ran into the woods. I didn't follow her because I was mad. Later, we noticed she hadn't come back, so we went looking for her. When we found her...she was unconscious.

Dipper paused again and Bill realized he was crying. Bill went to comfort him but Dipper put his hands up.

We took her to the hospital. They told us that she had hit her head really bad. That there could be internal damage that wasn't fixable. When she finally came to, she couldn't remember anything that had happened that day. And even worse, her memory reset after she fell asleep. She still thinks she's twelve, and that it's summer. They've tried to help her but she completely forgets everything by the next morning. She thinks she's in an endless summer. Dipper paused again.

"Dipper, it was an accident. I'm sure she wouldn't blame you. You didn't know what would happen." Bill said, putting a hand on Dipper's shoulder.

She doesn't remember me. Dipper signed, almost too fast for Bill to read.

If they don't remind her of memories, she forgets. She doesn't know who I am because I left. My mom thought it was a good idea to let her forget me so she doesn't try and come find me. Dipper signed.

But maybe...if I go back...she'll remember me. Dipper signed. Tears were now streaming down his face. Bill pulled him in for a tight embrace, which was difficult considering they were in Bill's truck, but it worked anyway.

They stayed like that for a long time. Bill holding Dipper, while he silently cried.

+)+(+(+(+(+(+(+(

Hey...long time no update...yeah... sorry about that...

I've been reading a lot because I got some books off Amazon. But don't worry, I'm still going to update more. Anyway, I hope you enjoyed this chapter, new update...soon?