17. Outspoken

Couldn't fit the song in anywhere but it's a good song. I accidentally published without the song again....oops.

Dipper slept better than he had ever slept before. Even the old pull-out bed was comfier than his old bed. And sleeping with actual blankets was new to him as well.

He awoke to someone poking his shoulder. He opened his eyes and saw Mabel standing next to the bed, poking him.

"Hey, sorry to...um...interrupt but mom asked me to wake you guys for breakfast." She said awkwardly. He was confused by what she meant by interrupt, but then he noticed he had been cuddling with Bill.

Dipper just nodded, feeling slightly embarrassed.

"I know a bit of sign language...mom mentioned you only could use sign language to communicate," Mabel said, signing as she said it. She probably assumed he was deaf, rather than mute.

Yeah. I'm mute, so I can hear you, just can't talk. Dipper signed. Mabel nodded.

"I'll see you out there then." She said. She turned and left the room, closing the door behind her.

Dipper untangled himself from Bill's grasp, sitting up, rubbing the sleep from his eyes.

He began to shake Bill's shoulder in an attempt to wake him.

He was about to sign time to get up, but he realized if Bill's eyes weren't open he wouldn't be able to see him.
(A/N: I almost wrote dialogue of him saying that and then I remembered he can't talk...)

Eventually, Bill began to stir, opening his eyes.

"Morning Pine Tree." He said sleepily.

Mom is making breakfast. Dipper signed.

"Alright. Let me put a shirt on." Bill said. He sat up and Dipper had just noticed he hadn't been wearing a shirt previously.

Dipper turned his face away, blushing madly. He went to sign but knew Bill wouldn't see him as Dipper had his back to Bill.

Dipper pulled out his phone and turned on the text-to-speech.

"Why weren't you wearing a shirt?" Dipper asked.

Dipper didn't like using text-to-speech, but he knew sometimes it was the only way to communicate.

Bill laughed.

"It was warm in here. And with you clinging to me I was beginning to overheat. I figured you wouldn't mind." Bill said.

"Just give me a heads up next time," Dipper said.

"Why, did you get a nosebleed?" Bill asked, teasingly.

Dipper just glared at Bill as he walked into view, now wearing a shirt.

"Come on, let's go get breakfast," Bill said, "Wakey Wakey Eggs and Bakey."

I've never had bacon before. For me, it was always wakey wakey bread crumbs and disappointment. Dipper joked.

Bill frowned but didn't say anything. Dipper had a feeling he didn't like it when Dipper joked about his former shitty life.

The two of them walked out of their room and went down to the kitchen.

They walked in and sat down at the table. Stan and Dipper's mom we're making food. Ford sat at the table reading a newspaper, Mabel also sat at the table, looking down at her glitter-filled drink, not saying anything.