Petrichor (A Glimpse of My Mind)

As I write this, I am stuck in the twilight of being asleep and productively functioning.
The light in my room is annoyingly luminous, but it keeps me grounded to reality in this weird world I found myself in.
The voices in my head have quiet down, the seas aren't as violent as I thought they would be today.
Maybe I just don't have the energy to process things right now. I can't overthink, overanalyze, nor can I panic. I'm at ease.

Petrichor, the nostalgic scent of rainy days from the year 2009. Not too early that technology hasn't advanced to a powerful entity, but not too late either that the world is burning and we're left to fix the mess of the forgotten elders.
Selene, the Greek goddess of the Moon. Her luminescence will always be an escape, a bridge to a world I can call home. To the mountain in the skies, perhaps?
Bakunawa, the Moon eating dragon of Philippine mythology. It's out there, somewhere, waiting for the perfect time to slither it's way into my mind. Damn you, serpent.

Stories from all over have always peeked my interest, an artistic endeavor anyone can take. All you need is a couple of words to express that which you feel.

Should I? No... Yes? Maybe...

If you read this, I did.