Mirror

The sun sets by the horizon, you looked at the clouds with this desperate look on your face. You reach your hand out, hoping someone would come to your aid, no one came.

After staring at the sun's blinding light for a few more seconds, you turned around and start walking back to your house.

"You don't go out that often, you only know so few." a voice called out.
"Why would I go out? Who's there to know?" another voice answered as you continued walking back to your house.

"I'm here."

You stopped. The world fell silent.

You fell down, and closed your eyes. You start hearing voices.

"Hey.."

You woke up, lying on grass, on the fields. You sat back up and you felt a gentle breeze touch your cheeks. You lied back down, and you closed your eyes.
"You don't go out that often, you only know so few." said the voice.
"Why would I go out? Who is there to know?" you answered.
"...I'm here. Was I ever of significant value to you?" they answered.
"Don't even-"
"Hey." the aura around you changed.
"Where did you go?" the voice called out.
The wind blows violently all of the sudden.
"I'm here-"
"Why did you go?"
The skies slowly turn gray.
"I don't kno-"
"Do you love me?" the voice cried out.
Everything around you started going in circles
"Who are you?" you shouted.
"Why would you leave me like this?" the voice kept getting louder, and louder.
"Where are you?" you yelled, but the wind was too strong.
"Why? Why? Why?" the voice kept asking over and over again.
You fell on your knees as the wind kept pushing you down. You cried but the wind kept blowing your tears away. You clutched your fist, and manage to say one sentence.

"I'm sorry I let you down."

The wind stopped.
The voice returned.
"Hey." The voice called out.
"I'm sorry." you cried.
"For what?" asked the voice.
"For everything."

You looked up...

"I got so caught up with the people around me. I forgot I had you.
Everyone expected something from me, I was scared, I still am. I didn't want to disappoint anyone.
I thought if I had made everyone happy, I'll be happy too. But no, I only felt tired, and lost, and afraid. I thought I was all alone."

"But you're not." called the voice.

...you looked up, and you were in a pitch black room. In front of you there's a mirror, you saw no one's reflection. You stood up and looked back, you saw yourself.

"I'm here."

You're now back to where you were before. The sun setting, the elegant breeze's brushing between your fingertips. You were crying, but you never remembered why.

You reached out once again, no one came. Even though no one came, you felt no pain.

Finally, you saw the world, your world. In the end, that's all that matters.