Chapter 6

"Leah, pass me the sunscreen!" I said, sitting on one of the recliners and putting my sun glasses on top of my head. Leah passed me the tube of lotion and I applied it everywhere i could think and had Jane help me with my back. We finished applying our sunscreen and we layed down with our sunglasses on.

We stayed there for what seemed like hours, just talking and soaking up the warm rays of sunshine and ordering little appetizers and drinks. When we got tired, we swam in the ocean, laughing and splashing around. It was very fun, for a while.

Out of nowhere, a guy approached Jane and by the looks of it, started flirting with her, often reaching out to try to touch her arm. All the while, Jane looked somewhat uncomfortable, constantly crossing her arms in front of her and giving us sideways glances as if trying to say 'help me'. Natalie went to her rescue, saying something to Jane and then looked at him apologetically. Then, she turned to us and made a gesture with her hand, telling us it was time to go.

Leah and I followed them to our lounge chairs and picked up our towels and wrapped them around us, while grabbing all our other stuff and heading to the showers. We quickly washed away the sand and salt water from ourselves and climbed up the stairs and to the pool area,where we found other lounge chairs to put our things on.

"What was it with that dude!" Natalie said, looking a little flustered towards us.

"I don't know! He came out of nowhere and started 'flirting' with me. I don't even know if I can even call it that, though..." Jane said, trying to hold in her laughter. But at the end, she couldn't, and neither could the rest of us. After regaining our composure, she continued. "That dude was creepy. And way too tan!"

"Oh my God! I was thinking the same thing! It was so fake, I actually started feeling sorry for the guy!" Leah said and that resulted in another fit of giggles.

But then, a flash of recognition crossed over Jane's eyes and she turned to me and said with a tiny voice: "Ri, don't look now, but the hot guy that was talking to you in the lobby is watching you..." She trailed off. What?! There's no way... I started to turn around, but she quickly grabbed my shoulders and stopped me.

"My God, he's gorgeous..." Natalie said, turning sideways slowly, following Jane's eyes.

"Nat, you have a boyfriend!" Leah said quickly.

"Still! That doesn't mean I can't appreciate a good view." Natalie said and I couldn't hold in my laughter.

"So, Ri, tell us all about what happened back in the lobby." Jane commanded and they all turned to me. I sat down at the edge of one of the lounge chairs and they followed suit. I told them what had happened.

"And then, he just left. I told you guys it was nothing..." I finished and looked at my hands.

"Riley, you sometimes are so blind." Natalie said and at that, I met her gaze. At the look of confusion on my face, she continued to explain. "He was very clearly flirting with you!"

"What? No, he just said that it was nice to meet me-"

"Ri, I was there briefly, and the whole time he was looking at you as if no one else existed. And you had that stupid look on your face!" Jane said exasperated.

"And he hasn't stopped looking at you since we got here." Leah said, looking over my shoulder.

"This 'Noah' guy seems to be into you, girl!" Natalie said, bouncing on the edge of the lounge chair across from me.

"No, he's not! Why would he? There are people here that are far better looking than me! I mean, even compared to you, I'm just average." I said pointing at them.