Chapter 7

The next day we went down to the restaurant and had breakfast. After that, Leah decided that we would go to the aquarium and eat lunch out.

The aquarium was gorgeous. We got to see so many sea animals, fishes and we even got to touch real starfish. There were so many different displays and things to see.

We grabbed lunch at a local restaurant with a view of the beach and the girls made fun of me because, while they all ordered seafood, I refused to eat that - because I hate seafood- and instead I ordered the chicken tenders, from the kid's menu.

Our food was great. Although, after my meal I was still a little hungry because, well, the chicken tenders were meant for kids to eat. So, we stopped at the mall so I could get something else to eat. I settled for some McDonald's french fries and we grabbed some milkshakes too. After that, we decided to do some shopping.

We walked in front of a boutique when I saw something that caught my eye. It was a black short dress that seemed to have some kind of sequin fabric. It was black, yet it sparkled. And I love sparkles.

"Girls, can we go in here? I want to see something." I told them and pointed to the store. They agreed and we made our way inside. Immediately, they saw the exact same dress I had seen and we made a bee line to the display.

I reached up to touch the fabric of the dress and was surprised to see it was very soft, and there were actually no sequins attached to it. What seemed to sparkle were some thin silver threads that were attached all over the dress, catching the light and reflecting it off the dress. It was a wrap dress, making a 'V' neckline. It had three-quarter sleeves and the skirt had a little flare at the bottom. I loved it.

"Guys, I think I'm in love." I said, still ogling at it.

"It's beautiful, and black has always been your color. I think you should try it on." Jane said and helped me find my size. After I had it, we looked at the other dresses and decided to put on a little runway show right then and there. We grabbed all sorts of dresses, skirts, tops, shorts, pants and rompers to try on, and when we were done, we made our way to the changing booths.

We tried on outfit after outfit, but decided to save the best for last. I put on the black sparkly dress and looked at myself in the mirror. It was stunning. It accentuated what little curves I had and made my legs look longer.

"Okay guys, I'm ready!" I said loud enough so they could hear me from their booths and received a chorus of 'me too' from them. "One... Two... Three!" I opened up the door and stepped out. We all gasped after seeing each other.

Natalie was wearing white dress shorts with a high-neck silver top that looked like it was made just for her, Jane had a flowy burgundy dress made out of a shiny velvety fabric and Leah had put on a strappy champagne-colored dress covered in sequins. They looked gorgeous.

"Okay, we have to get these and I don't want to hear excuses!" Said Jane, her mouth still ajar.

"Oh my God, yes. But where are we gonna wear them?." Leah asked while looking herself in the mirror.

We all thought for a while. I came up short. I really didn't know of any parties around town. But then, Natalie's face seemed to brighten up with an idea.

"I heard the hotel's throwing a summer break party tomorrow night. Let's go!" Natalie was practically jumping up and down.

We all nodded in agreement and decided to move on to shoes.

I picked a pair of strappy silver high heels, Natalie and Jane went for chunky black sandal high heels and Leah decided to get white platform heels. We payed for everything and left the store. We shopped some more and were soon carrying at least two bags per person. Leah led us back to the car to dump our bags, and then Natalie suggested we go to watch a movie.