Freesia

¦¦ Freesia symbolizes innocence and thoughtfulness. ¦¦

ㅍㅇㅍㅇ

When Taehyung was twelve and Yuqi was eight, he was living at his grandma's farm.

His parents, at that time, didn't mind him staying with her, as he enjoyed his time up there.

They'd known each other since they'd been born.

They'd grown together as best friends, almost never separated.

They played together every day after Taehyung did his chores (and Yuqi helps as much as she could so he'd finish faster), running through the fields, exploring the area far and wide, going on adventures and making 'discoveries'.

They'd been doing that for years.

But Taehyung had hung out with his close friend Yoongi and his friends the other day and all they'd been talking about were girls (which, of course, Yoongi tried to stop, saying something along the lines of 'he's just a kid', and Taehyung was not a kid, thank you very much).

Frankly, back then, Taehyung hadn't understood what they were going on. Still didn't, actually.

He's reminded of what the older boys had said when he was resting near a stream with Yuqi.

Yuqi was trying to make a flower crown with the wild flowers they'd picked earlier and he was in the stream, his pants rolled up to his knees and looking through the pebbles.

At least, he was.

He stared at her, wondering what all the fuss is about.

He really did not understand, so when Yuqi looked up and noticed him staring, he splashed her.

They ended up getting soaked and exhausted, so they laid down in the sun to dry with Taehyung keeping watch while Yuqi dozed.

Yeah, what did it matter. He didn't need to understand whatever stupid thing older boys talked about.

Yuqi is the only girl he needed, anyway.

As long as he had his best friend, he'd be happy no matter what.