Chrysanthemum

¦¦ Chrysanthemum symbolizes fidelity, optimism, joy and long life. A red chrysanthemum conveys love; a white chrysanthemum symbolizes truth and loyal love while a yellow chrysanthemum symbolizes slighted love. ¦¦

ㅍㅇㅍㅇ

When Taehyung was sixteen and Yuqi was twelve, he started to understand what Yoongi's friends were talking about.

But unlike Yoongi's friends, he found himself starstruck by just one girl.

But Yuqi was his best friend, so his feelings were all over the place and he didn't like that at all.

One of his friends had suggested dating someone else, at one point, but all Taehyung could do was hide his disgust and politely reject the idea.

He didn't want any other girl and didn't need anyone who isn't Yuqi.

He could care less if she remained his best friend for the rest of their lives or if they somehow, at some point, start dating.

They were still young, yes, but as Taehyung peeked at her through his hair, watching her laugh with her friends, concentrating on something, he just - every time, he got so entranced.

And every time, he gets a hard slap on the back of his head from his grandma and sometimes Yoongi, with some grumble about him getting back to work.

ㅍㅇㅍㅇ

They couldn't hang out much during the day because both of them had to help out at their families' farms, but as soon as they're both done, they always found each other even if it's just to talk for a few minutes.

Taehyung's grandma always made fun of him for that.

"Like bees to a flower, you go." She'd said to him once.

Because every Friday, he'd show up at her house with a blanket and flashlights, and greet her with, "You ready to go, flower?"

And every Friday, she'd rush out with snacks and grab his arm, dragging him away before her family could stop them.

They had their own special spot somewhere near the stream they used to play in as kids, and they'd lay out the blanket and just talk.

Yuqi would talk about anything and everything, and go on to tell him about another flower or herb she'd learnt about that day and he would listen with a fond smile.

Taehyung liked to point out constellations, naming as many stars as he could, and she'd listen.

He cherished moments like that with her, and when they'd cuddle up under Taehyung's extra blanket if it got too cold, his heart burst with happiness, simply because he was with her.

They never stayed out too late, though, and Taehyung always made sure she was home just before midnight and they'd both separate, already looking forward to the next time they hung out.

Wishing they could play every day like they used to.

But Taehyung had to study hard, at the request of his parents, and Yuqi liked to study about plants simply because she liked them.

Sometimes, she liked to stay over at his house and watch him study. She'd always tell him about how much she admired the way he studied hard and taught himself about stars as was his passion.

Neither liked to talk about the future, though.

Because the future held too much possibility of him having to leave the farm.

And that subject, they both non verbally agreed, was taboo.

For now, they'd just live in the moment, together.