Sunflower

¦¦ Sunflower signifies pure thoughts. It symbolizes adoration and dedication. It is symbolic of dedicated love. It is however also symbolic of haughtiness. ¦¦

ㅍㅇㅍㅇ

He'd been telling himself not to cry. That he'd cried enough at the funeral.

Yuqi had tried her best to comfort him, but he'd sent her away, needing some time alone.

His grandma meant a lot to him.

And she was the only reason why his parents still let him live there.

He thought back to their conversation they'd had the day after.

"Taehyung, please, what's left there for you?"

"The farm, dad. The farm, and Yuqi, and Yoongi -"

"That's not enough for you, son. Not in this world. Please, you deserve much better. You can come live with us, study hard and get into college in Seoul. You can study more astrology and everything."

"You know I love it here. This place, it's my home!"

"Kim Taehyung."

"Mom, please."

"No. Taehyung, we only let you stay there because of your grandma. But she's gone now, Tae. She's gone. So come live with us. Please."

"Yeah, son, we miss you."

"But the house-"

"We'd never sell it, Tae. You and your grandma always had a great love for it. We can ask Yuqi's family to look after the farm for us."

"We wouldn't even dream of selling the farm, Tae."

"... Fine. Okay."

He sighed dejectedly as he closed his suitcase.

He sat down on his bed and looked around his room that had been stripped bare of his things. The things he'd be leaving behind had been packed into a small box and left under his study desk.

He felt like he might start crying again, so he furiously pressed the heels of his palms into his eyes, willing the tears back.

A loud slam startled him and he sprang to his feet as Yuqi stormed in.

"Tell me it's not true." She looked like she'd been crying. "Tell me you're not leaving. Tell me, that you weren't going to leave without telling me. Tell me. Please." She choked out.

Taehyung looked away guiltily, biting his lip.

"You - you really -" She let out a frustrated noise, running a hand through her dishevelled hair. "You really were going to leave without telling me."

What was he going to say to that? That he was sorry? Sorry wouldn't fix anything, and he knew that. So he kept silent, avoiding her gaze.

"Yah, you jerk. At least have the decency to look at me." Her voice got louder.

Taehyung reluctantly looked up. "I'm.. I'm sorry, flower."

"No." She'd started to cry. "No! You can't leave! I won't let you! This is just one of your jokes isn't it? It's not funny, Taehyung. You -" She choked out a sob and pushed Taehyung away from his suitcase, opening it and pulling things out.

Taehyung grabbed her wrist to try and stop her. "Flower, I'm really sorry. I want to stay too -"

"Then stay!" She snapped, struggling against his hold.

"It's not that easy, Yuqi."

She froze. "Did you just call me -" She whispered before yanking her hand away.

He gulped. He hadn't called her by her name since he was eight.

Her hand lifted, like she was going to slap him, and he just closed his eyes and waited for impact.

When it didn't come, he hesitantly  opened his eyes to see that her hand was lowered, clenched in a fist, and that she was looking up at him with tears in her eyes. "You fucking jerk."

She pushed him harshly as she ran out, making sure to slam the door shut as she left.

A slap would've been better.

Taehyung sighed, sitting down on the bed.

It only took a few seconds for new tears to well up in his eyes, and he was sobbing, wanting nothing more than to stay.