Seven 🧜🏻‍♂️

That evening, Josh decided not to go back and visit Tyler. He stayed at the cove and hid himself in the water. He didn't want to see anyone, nor speak to anyone.

He was deeply hurt, and heartbroken. Because Tyler doesn't believe in mermen, he couldn't go to see him and reveal himself.

While swimming around the cove, with his tail above the water, he heard his siblings coming to see him.

"Josh?"

"Dear, little merman?"

"Our beloved little brother?"

Josh raised his head above the water, with his tail shining in the back. His tears were dry among his face.

"What do you guys want?"

"We want to see you." Ashley said.

"Why?"

"Because, your our brother, our family." Abby added.

Josh turned his head away.

"I don't want to see anyone."

"But, why?"

Josh wanted to dive into the water, and disappear before their eyes, but he loved his older siblings. It would bring him shame if he turned them away.

The merman went to the edge of the cove. His siblings sat near him.

"I was at Tyler's condo yesterday, and I saw him talking to Jordan, and he-"

"I know." Jordan said.

"How?"

"I saw your tail behind the rock nearby. I wanted to call to you, but it would just make it worse."

Josh touched his brother's cheek.

"You didn't make it worse. You tried to convince him."

Josh let out a little tear, and it streamed down his cheek.

His siblings could see the sorrow in his eyes, how desperate he was to get Tyler to know him

His siblings could see the sorrow in his eyes, how desperate he was to get Tyler to know him. It was his most desired wish.

"I will do whatever it takes to win his heart."

Josh gathered his strength and wiped the tear away from his cheek.

"And the old sea witch will help me."

The siblings were confused.

"Sea witch? What sea witch?"

"She's the most powerful being in all of the ocean." Josh said. "She can help me get my wish."

"Josh, I don't think this is a good idea." Ashley said.

"It is, and I will do it, no matter how long it takes."

Abby became scared.

"Don't do this, Joshua."

"She's right." Jordan said. "I tried everything in my power to convince Tyler that you saved his life. I'll go back and do it again if I have to."

"No." Josh said. "I'll let the sea witch handle it."

Ashley came to her senses. She couldn't stop him.

"You really want to do this?"

"Yes, and I will."

Abby broke down crying, and Jordan went to comfort him. Josh wanted to cry, but he remained strong.

"If you truly want to give your life to be with the person you love, then you must do this."

Josh kissed her sister on the forehead.

"Thank you, Abby."

That evening, Josh sat on the rock, watching the sun go down.

He started thinking, is going to the sea witch worth getting what he wants.

He's heard stories of her growing up. Many of those who have gone to her were never lucky.

They say it would bring them great sadness.

But to Josh, it would be worth it.

Once the moon started shining, Josh dove into the ocean and went to the sea witch.