Eight 🧜🏻‍♂️

(Play song)

Josh swam deep into the depths of the ocean, looking for the sea witch in hopes of granting his wish.

To become human and win Tyler's heart, so he could know that he saved his life.

As he traveled through the sea, the ocean became very dark, and eyes were watching him like eels, with beautiful voices calling to him.

Light flickering through the shadows of the eyes, and started reaching to him, pulling him away from where he was going.

Josh was afraid, but he pushed on.

Eventually, he arrived at the sea witch's lair, deep in the darkest cave of the entire ocean.

It is said, whoever went there, would leave with tears of regret, but Josh ignored that thought.

He was willing to do whatever it took to get what he wanted, even if it meant spending the rest of his life in deep sadness.

When he came in, a grey squid stood before him, with long icky tentacles, and silver hair.

The creature stood in the darkness, and it was quite difficult to see her.

When she heard the merman's presence, she slid away from the darkness and came into the light, but did not reveal her face

"I know why you've come to see me." She said.

"You do?" Josh asked.

"Yes, you want to become a human so you can be with the boy you saved from drowning."

Josh nodded.

"More than anything."

The sea witch laughed.

"Foolish boy. If you choose this path, it will bring you great sorrow."

"I don't care!" Josh cried. "I'll do whatever I can to get the boy to fall in love with me."

"It won't be easy."

"How must it be done?" Josh asked.

The sea witch went to her cauldron and started creating the draft.

"I can make a potion for you. It will turn your tail into legs, but the transformation will be very painful, and every step you take on land, will feel as if your walking on sharp knives."

Josh nodded.

"And remember, once you become a human, you will never be a merman again."

"What about my family?" Josh asked. "My mother, my siblings, will I see them again?"

"They won't even recognize you anymore. Becoming a human will give you a new identity. They won't see the merman you once were."

She started mixing the draft.

"If the boy chooses to love another, your heart will break, and the very next sunrise, you will die and dissolve into sea foam upon the waves."

Josh nodded again.

"I'll do it-"

"I'm not finished yet." The sea witch said. "In return for becoming a human, you will give me your most precious possession."

The creature turned her head to the little merman, revealing her ugly face. She touched his chin.

"Your voice."

Josh gasped.

"Life is full of tough choices, and this must be taken willingly. You give me your voice, and I'll give you what you want."

"But, how will I tell Tyler I love him?"

"You'll have your looks, your pretty face, and graceful walk. That should be enough to convince the boy you love him."

The sea witch finished mixing the draft, then took out a knife. Josh shook with fear.

"Now, I will ask you again. Do you want to become a human?"

Josh began to think clearly of the situation. Choosing to become a human would cost him his voice, which would be very difficult to express his love for Tyler.

And if he fails, he would die, but it was the risk he was willing to take.

"I'll do it."

"You will?"

"Yes, I love him for than my own life. I'll give up my voice to be with him."

The sea witch grinned, with her tentacles dancing. She approached the merman, while sharping her knife.

"Now, stick out your tongue so I can take your voice."

Josh trembled with fear, with tears streaming down his cheeks.

The sea witch got closer, with her knife in hand.

"Give me your tongue."

With no other choice, Josh stuck out his tongue, and the sea witch grabbed it and sliced it off with her knife, taking the merman's voice away.

Then she dropped his tongue into the draft, creating the potion, and handed it to the mute boy.

"Swim to the shore tomorrow and drink this, it will give you human legs."

Josh tried to say thank you, but he couldn't.

"Of course, you can't thank me." The sea witch said. "You're mute, now away with you!"

Josh, with tears in his eyes, swam as quickly as he could, leaving the lair to get back to the ocean cove.