Sixteen 🧜🏻‍♂️

Josh sat in his room, curled up in a ball. His bed was wet from the tears he cried, and his feet were covered in blood.

His heart was breaking, really slowly, and his life was coming to an end.

Everything that he suffered for, and all the pain he went through, was gone, and there was nothing he could do. He couldn't beg, or stop Tyler for marrying the girl he loved.

Nothing could happen now.

As he started to embrace the thought he was going to die, he heard a knock at the door.

"Hey, can I come in?"

When Josh heard Tyler's voice, he crumbled.

"Why would he still want to see me?" He thought.

Tyler went ahead and opened the door, finding Josh in a very different state than he was when they first met.

"Why are you laying in bed?"

He went over to the window and opened the blinds.

"It's a beautiful day."

Josh took the pillow and covered his face, hiding his eyes from the light. Tyler chuckled and sat by his bedside.

"My dear, I don't know why you're like this. I hope it wasn't something I did, because I'm sure you're excited for me."

Josh sat up on the bed, facing his love, who would never know or care to know it was him who saved his life.

The look on his face told Tyler he was confused. He didn't want to hide his feelings for the girl any longer.

"You see, I've finally found the one who saved my life. Her name is Jenna, and she's a beautiful lady."

He leaned close, squeezing Josh's hand.

"I'm going to marry her."

When Josh heard this, his heart felt as if it was pulled from his chest and torn in half. Even Tyler's happy face showed it.

The boy looked at the heartbroken merman, and thought he was slightly confused. He reached up and touched his fluffy blue hair.

"Oh, my darling. You have every right to be confused about what I told you. I'm marrying the girl who saved my life, and want you to be my best man for my wedding tomorrow night."

Josh didn't know what to think.

Why would the boy who threw his life away ask him to be his best man?

But, he still loved him, so he couldn't refuse.

Josh nodded.

Tyler was filled with joy.

"Oh, wonderful! I have the perfect suit for you. Mine is going to be in white, just like Jenna's wedding dress. We've decided to marry on the beach, then rent a yacht and go on our honeymoon at a private island."

Josh started crumbling even more.

"And of course, you're coming with us."

The merman wasn't sure what to feel or what to think.

All he was thinking about was his own death.

Tyler saw the sadness in Josh's eyes, but the happiness he found with Jenna blinded him completely.

"Listen, I know things might seem hard right now, but just think about how amazing the wedding will be. You'll be right next to me when I marry the girl I longed to find, and we'll be together forever!"

He reached over and hugged him.

"Oh, my dear! I can't believe I found her!"

Josh buried his face into Tyler's chest, silently weeping, and he didn't feel the tears.

Tyler was too blinded by love to help his friend, so he let go.

"Hope you'll be ready for tomorrow, because I'm gonna need you for it."

He kissed him on the forehead, then left the room.

Josh's life was slowly withering away. Every bit of pain swelled in him, causing his heart to shrink until he couldn't feel it anymore.

He knew by tomorrow night, he would die, and become sea foam upon the ocean waves.

It'll be like his life never existed to begin with.

However, there was hope out there, coming for him.

He just doesn't know it, yet.