Eighteen 🧜🏻‍♂️

The sun was beginning to rise. Time was running out. Josh needed to go along with his decision. It was only a matter of time before he would become sea foam.

The merman held the dagger tightly in his hands as he walked across the deck, making his way towards Tyler's chambers. Tears were streaming down his cheeks, with small drips of blood.

He couldn't stop to rethink, or try to find another way.

This was the only way.

When Josh came into the chambers, he found his love, sleeping with his new bride. They were naked, covered with white sheets.

Josh wanted to cry, but he quickly wiped his tears away before walking next to Tyler's bedside, seeing him in peace.

There was no turning back. The sun was starting to reflect through the window, and Josh's life was at the brink of death.

With a heavy heart, Josh raised his dagger in the air, preparing to take the life of the boy he saved long ago. He closed his eyes and turned away, not wanting to see what he was about to do.

Suddenly, Tyler started murmuring Jenna's name as he slept.

"Jenna, my love."

The girl responded.

"Oh, Tyler."

(Start song)

Josh could feel the weight of the world on his shoulders. He could see how pleasant Tyler looked, and how peaceful he was.

His love for him rose above all things, and it took over him within an instant.

With more tears coming down his cheeks. Josh dropped the knife to the floor, and placed his hands over his face.

He couldn't do it.

The merman took out his goodbye note and placed it next to Tyler's bedside. Then he leaned down upon him, and kissed him one last time.

After taking one last look at his love, he turned and walked away.

As he walked across the deck, Josh reflected back on everything he went through. All the suffering he endured, and how speechless he was to tell Tyler the truth.

He wanted to be with him for the rest of his life. He was willing to suffer everything to get the human soul he so desperately wanted.

But in the end, it was for his death.

"I never thought my life would end like this, but I'm glad to know my love has finally found his happiness. If he truly loves her, then I am pleased. Now I look back on my desires, and look forward to a bittersweet end, below the ocean water."

Josh went to the end of the deck, and stood on the ledge of the yacht, waiting for the sun to rise.

Meanwhile, Tyler woke up to the brightness of the sun, but was alarmed when he saw the note next to his bedside.

He opened it up and read it.

Help, I lost myself again
But I remember you
Don't come back, it won't end well
But I wish you'd ask me to

Our love is six feet under
I can't help but wonder
If our grave was watered by the rain
Would roses bloom?
Could roses bloom?
Again?

As he read the note, tears fell from his cheeks. He knew what Josh was telling him, and he finally understood.

It was him all along.