. . . liar.

knock

knock

knock

knock

.
.
.

"Hanako-san . . . Hanako-san , are you there?"

. . . . .

wind blew from the outside. the wooden panels creaked. your heart pounded in your ears. nothing happened.

"Ah, so it's just a rumor. . ." you slowly took long footsteps to the door. you reached for the doorknob.

"I'm right here." a voice said from behind, along with hands wrapping around your waist.

the window opened and the wind whistled inside. you froze.

"what's wrong? are you scared?" the voice said menacingly. "no. it's just. . . personal space!" you hissed. you elbowed the person behind you, but your arms swept through. "aha! seems like you can't touch me!"

you sighed. "I thought you were gonna be a girl. not a pervert!" he took a step back, showing he was super offended. "I am not!"

"you totally are!" you yelled back, pointing a finger. "It's rude for little girls to point fingers." He said, pushing your hand down. of course, his hand just went through yours. you shivered at the coldness.

"so, do you have a wish?" he said while floating.

". . .i. . my friend. s-she's hurting herself. . and it's my fault. I wish for her to be happy again." the room fell silent. he floated close to your face. "does she go to this school?"

". . .no."

"sorry, then I can't help you with that."

he walked to the window, and you walked behind him. tears pricked your eyes. "please," your voice broke, "she needs help. please." you fell onto your knees. "have you tried talking to her?"

"yes. she doesn't listen- or at least that's what it feels like. . ."

"why does she hurt herself?"

"I. . . aren't you supposed to grant my wish, instead of getting all in our business?!" you yelled, raising your head up to meet his.

"coming in here and summoning me puts me in all your business. so, tell me."

you tightened your fists. "I. . . I don't know, alright?!"