. . . a blood moon?

"hey, Hanako?" you asked, "how are you?" he looked up

"hey, Hanako?" you asked, "how are you?" he looked up. "bored."

"same."

"why did everything get so boring?" he whined. "I don't know." you frowned, watching the moon from the window. "anyways, I think I have to go home." you said. "awe, okayy. ." he said, stretching. "I should probably start scoutin' around these halls, anyways. . ." he said.

you nodded, before picking up your bag and opening the door. "stay safe, won't you?" he said softly. you turned your head to the side. "well, I won't promise. but you, you stay safe." you said. a rush a happiness shot through you, only to leave as you left the bathroom. you stayed out of the classrooms sight, just in case of a teacher.

you continued down the stairs, all the way to the first one. you put your school shoes in your locker, noticing a flick of mud on them. you sighed, wiping it off. after putting on your normal shoes, you took your bag and headed out. the moonlight lit the streets and the path. going home felt normal, but something was itching at the back of you mind.

you looked back up at the moon, and it had gone red. you slightly gasped, fluttering your eye, then seeing the moon back to normal.

". . . a blood moon?" you asked, unsure.

"but then why. . . is it back to normal?" a bad feeling started taking over. Your pace started to speed up, along with your heartbeat and breath. you were walking fast, but not running; it'd be too suspicious.

your breath was rigid as you approached your house. You got around the corner and sped up. the dark feeling grew as you entered your house. you shut the door behind you, locking it and taking off your shoes.

"m-mom? sorry I'm home so late." you called out, but got a dead silence in response.

right, she's probably sleeping.

you checked your phone and read '23:42'. It's a little earlier than normal for mom (step mom) to sleep, but perhaps it got busy at work.

the floorboards creaked under your feet as you started towards the stairs. as you reached the top, you heard a soft knock from the other side of your room. you jumped, gasping lightly.

"h-hello?" you grasped the doorknob and pushed the door open. "i-is someone there? . ." you switched the light on.

you screamed at the top of your lungs. blood was splattered around your floor, and there was an unfamiliar man weakly reaching for you. he had no clothes on, and blood was gushing out of his legs. there were large cuts in them, and a knife played beside him.

you stumbled on you feet and fell back. this isn't real. this isn't happening. this is just a realistic dream.

wake up

wake up

WAKE UP

PLEASE

WAKE UP

your eyes were nearly bulging out of your head. you turned your head to your bed and saw your step-mother, who's eyes were open and dull and skin was pale and cold. she was dead. you'll never get to see her again. it was like that was happening all over again, but this time you were frozen.

flashbacks of your real mom laying on the floor came into your head. her hands were tied to the top of the bed, and she was naked. A knife was already lodged into her shoulder and legs. you pulled the knife out of her shoulder and ignored her screams. you knew what you had to do. she was in enough pain, and with him watching nobody else would have to get hurt.

you lifted the knife up and stabbed her in the heart. the blood splattered on your face and body, the warmth of it oozing down. she screamed in terror and pain before her voice was cut off. her body went limp and her eyes went dull. colorless.

"killed another one?" a mans voice spoke up. you looked in terror at your hands. they were covered in blood, and the man's limp body laid before you. you choked on air in fear. it happened again, but how? how could you let yourself do this again?!

you're a murder. a good-for-nothing murderer.

I'm just a murderer.

you gasped for air and tightened the grip on the knife you used to kill the man. you weakly stood up, your knees wobbling and your body shaking. your heart pounded in your chest like never before. he was right there, defenseless.

you couldn't help yourself.

you jumped on the man who haunted you your whole life. he hurt you, and many, many others. you swung the knife aimlessly at the man. he howled in pain. it was like music to you ears. you've never felt better. you started laughing as his blood splattered over your clothes, mixing with the others man's blood.

but that's when you saw it. your mistake, and his smile.

he was smiling.

he wanted this.

you granted his wish.

you dumb bitch.