. . . murderer!

sobbing filled the hallway

sobbing filled the hallway. the girl's shoes hit the ground quickly. she had never gone down the stairs so quickly. she didn't even change her shoes or grab her bag as she ran out of the school.

she felt as if she was flying, but there was a chain around her neck and sticks stabbing her wings.

...

where the hell am I going?!

it's my fault!

if I wasn't alive, then she wouldn't have died!

why does she have to suffer, yet i'm left still standing?

questions streamed into your head, some reasonable in this situation, and some not.

why was she hurting herself?

that question was one that wanted to be answered so badly, yet once you knew it, you would have rather gone back.

...

"Mom! Yuzuru-chan! Yuzuru-chan is dead!" you yelled into your house. you can into the kitchen, tears swelling your eyes. "Mom. . ?"

your dad was holding her waist, with a knife around her neck. "we know." he smirked.

"we killed her. isn't that right, sweetie?" he whispered in her ear. "y-yes. . ." she sobbed. "huh? h-how- why?!" your voice broke.

"ah, that's because we can't be having you happy. also, we were afraid you would tell them. turns out, you almost told Yuzuru. now we can't let the "disease" spread, now can we?"

"I. . . YOU'RE THE WORST PERSON EVER!" you screamed without thinking. "we don't want that either." he growled. he let go of your step-mother. she dropped to her knees and covered her ears. he stomped over to you, grabbing your arm and holding you up. "don't you know that I can beat the hell out of you?"

you hate to say it, but he can really beat you to a pulp.

you began squirming from under him kicking and screaming. "let go of me!" you growled, and shook you around. "shut the hell up!" he yelled loudly. you were shaking. you quieted down.

"how? how did you kill her?" you asked, head down. "we just convinced her she was a worthless piece of shit, and you didn't even like her. then, the rest was up to her." he smiled.

your sobs got louder.

she wouldn't have been dead if she didn't meet me.

I'm the one who killed her.

she's dead because of me.

"don't touch me!" you screamed, kicking him hard in the thigh. he grunted, throwing you on the ground, you shriveling under him. "ahh, you'll regret that, asshole!" he said, kicking you in the stomach. "kchh. ." you bared your teeth, holding your stomach in pain.

another kick.

another.

another.

a punch.

one more.

you curled up into a ball, feeling the bruises forming. "I hope you learned something," he growled.

". . .murderer." he spat.

tears poured from your eyes.

"I'm sorry, mom. . ." you said under your breath.

the next day

•●•●•●•●•

you entered the girls bathroom, seeing Hanako-kun standing in front of his stall. he was quiet. you kept your head down and walked to the window, watching the sun. it didn't matter if you were skipping classes. you only went to school because you don't wanna be at home.

you hopped onto the window ceil and leaned on the side of it, swaying your legs in the air. Hanako-kun wrapped his hands around your waist from behind, tucking his head in your neck. you let the tears fall. "I'm sorry." you sniffled.

he stayed quiet.

you kept crying.

"here, let me help with the cuts." he said, lightly touching you arm. you could feel his fingers, and they weren't going through you. "huh?"

"I'm a poltergeist, remember? not a ghost." he smiled softly. he pulled out cotton balls, rubbing alchohol, teasers, and even bandages. "where the hell do you store all that?" you asked.

"a magician never reveals their secrets." he winked. you chuckled softly. he damped the cotton ball with the rubbing alcohol and began cleaning the cuts on your wrists. "these are. . .deep." he said, leaning in closer. you looked to the side, overlooking the garden.

you tightened your fists from the harsh stinging.

"I can't believe she's gone. . . because of me."