Chapter 1

Lauren's POV

"Dani! Stop! Give me my phone back!" Lauren yelled at her younger sister.

"Then let me text your boyfriend!" The younger girl replied.

"And why would I let you do that?"

"Because you love me," the 19-year-old told her.

"HA! As if!" The older girl said.

"WOULD YOU TWO SHUT UP?!" Christina yelled from the kitchen.

"Great, you've upset the bear." Lauren said nonchalantly.

"Me?!"

"Yes you. If you wouldn't have taken my phone we wouldn't be in this situation," Lauren informed Dani.

"Touché," the younger girl commented while giving Lauren back her phone and walked into the family room, leaving Lauren in the bedroom that they shared with one another.

Ugh, I can't even believe her. Lauren thought to herself. She checked her phone and realized she had a new message. She smiled at the contact name.

❤Adam❤: hey Laur

Lauren: hey Adam. What's up?

❤Adam❤: I was wondering if you would like to go to Starbucks?

Lauren: that would be nice

❤Adam❤: okay. See you in 10?

Lauren: yep

❤Adam❤: see ya there

Lauren: bye

Oh shoot, what should I wear? I run over to my closet and pull out a white shirt, black ripped skinny jeans, a red beanie, black high top Converse and a flannel to tie around my waist. By the time I figured out what to wear, there was a knock on the door. "I'll get it!" I yelled while running down the stairs.

When I reached the door I unlocked and opened it. "Hey Adam," I said.

"Hey Lauren. Ready to go?"

"Yeah" I said. We walked to his car and got in. We drove to the local Starbucks which was only like a 5 minute drive from my house.

We arrived shortly, got out of the car and walked in. Once we ordered and got our drinks we sat down at a table. I got a strawberry frappuccino and Adam got a vanilla iced coffee. "This was kinda random, is everything okay," I asked. He totally froze and just started at me.

"Well..." he said hesitantly, "I actually asked you to come here with me so..." he paused. "I-I came to break up with you, I'm sorry Lauren,"

In that moment I was shocked. I just sat there in disbelief. This was all a dream, right? He got up, said goodbye and left me just sitting there at the table. I did not cry when he broke up with me. But, after he left I put my head down and started quietly crying. A few minutes later, I felt someone's hand on my back.

"Hey are you okay?" A voice said.

Oh my gosh. I look up and see the most beautiful thing I have ever seen. A tall guy with dirty blonde hair and the most piercing blue eyes. He's wearing a black Imagine Dragons shirt, dark blue jeans and red Converse.

"My name's Calum, what's yours?" He asked pulling me from my fantasy and back into reality.

"L-Lauren," I stuttered.

"Hey Lauern, it's okay. What happened, if you don't mind me asking?" He sat down at the chair across from me, the one Adam was sitting in when he broke up with me.

"W-where do I-I s-start?" I asked stuttering a lot because I was still crying.

"Whatever you wanna tell me. I'll listen, I promise," Calum said with a gentle, warm smile.

"Well my b-b-boyfriend..." I stuttered a lot on the word 'boyfriend.' And started crying even more.

"Hey, hey it's okay. You don't have to talk about it if you don't want to," he said and gave me a reassuring smile.

"M-my boyfriend asked if I-I wanted to go to Starbucks with him. I was free so I obviously said y-yes. Once we sat down w-with our drinks he didn't s-say anything. I thought that was w-weird so I asked if everything was okay a-and t-then h-he b-broke u-up w-w-with m-me," I said, by now bawling.

Calum's POV

I walk into Starbucks and see a girl with her head down, sobbing. I walk over to her and ask her if she is okay. When she said her boyfriend, well I guess now ex-boyfriend, had just broke up with her a few minutes earlier I had mixed feelings. I was sympathetic towards her and sad that her ex just left her. But, I also felt... joy? "I'm so sorry to hear that. Is there anything I can do?"

"No, no it's fine. You didn't do anything so you don't have to do anything for me. You d-didn't even have to listen to what I had to say."

"Yeah I did, I couldn't face seeing you like that," I said with a slight smile forming on my lips. "How about I take you to a casual dinner?"

Lauren's POV

"Wow, no one has ever been so nice to me before. Um, yeah I would like that." I say accepting Calum's invitation. "Thank you."

"It's the least I could do."

"Wait, I just realized, I rode here with my boyfriend and then he left me so I'll have to walk," I declare.

"I can drive you, if you want."

"Okay, thanks."

"Well, you ready?"

"Yes," I reply. We leave the coffee shop  and walk to his car. He opens the door for me. "Thank you," I say in return. I told him my address and we start heading over to my house. When we arrive he opens my door for me again and asks for my number. "Oh, yeah, of course. 615-555-2137." (This is a fake number so don't even try😂). He gives me his and I save it in my phone with the contact: Calum😊. We say bye to each other and I walk inside.

"Who was that? And what happened to Adam?" Lisa asks as soon as I walk in the door.

"That is Calum and Adam broke up with me while we were at Starbucks."

"Awe, I'm sorry baby girl."

"It's fine Lise, Calum is nicer than Adam anyway."

"Oh, so are you two, like, a thing?"

"No, or at least, not yet," I answer.

"Oooh, go get your man, Lauren, go get him! CALREN! CALREN! CALREN!" She yells.

"I regret telling you everything," I say jokingly.

"I regret telling me a lot of things, too," Lisa added which caused me to laugh. Then, my phone buzzed and there was a message from Calum😊 on my screen.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
A\N: Hey guys! So this is my first ever story. So, I'm sorry if it is terrible lol. But, I hope y'all like it. Anyways anyone else wanna see Calren happen? Love you all.