Chapter 5

Lauren's POV

"The dinner plans are still on, Laur, don't worry," he says.
I wash our dishes and Calum walks into another room.

When I'm done, I walk out of the kitchen and into the dining room to see Calum sitting at the piano. It looks like he is attempting to play but it is obvious that he doesn't know how to. I walked over to him and laid my hands across the top of his. I made him play a song but didn't tell him what it was.

"What song was that?"

"I don't know," I say winking at him.

I lead him back up to my room and it is now 10:40. We sit next to each other and I lay my head on his shoulder, which seems that he doesn't mind.

"So, I met your family last night, obviously. They all seem nice. How old are all your siblings?"

"I'm gonna say this in age order. Mike Jr. is 31. Christina is 29. Katherine is 28. Lisa is 26. Amy is 24. Alex is 23. I'm 21. Dani is 19. Christian is 18. Nick is 16. And Joey is 15," I answer.

"Oh, that's cool."

"So what about your family, do you have any siblings?" When I said that, I could feel that he tensed up and I put my hand on his thigh. "Hey, if you don't want to talk about it, you don't have to." I say giving him a reassuring smile.

"When I was 2 almost 3 both my parents died in a car accident. But, it was no a-accident," He stuttered on the word 'accident'.

"They were on their way home from a buisness trip and I was with a babysitter. Someone t-boned them, killing each of my parents instantaneously. The guy who killed them fled the scene and the authorities were never able to find him. Not having any immediate family, my 4 and a half year old sister at the time, Alexia, and I went into foster care. I haven't seen her since that day. I was never adopted out and I always ran away from my foster parents. I lived in 14 different foster homes. And I was an orphan until I was 18. I've never really had a family," he finished and by this point he was crying really hard.

I was crying, too, but not nearly as hard as him. I pulled him into a hug and wiped his tears off of his cheeks.

"I'm so sorry," I whispered, then, I kissed his forehead. I felt an immediate rush of butterflies fill my stomach.

We sat there like that for about 15 minutes until his sobbing stopped and he pulled away.

"Thank you," he said.

"For what? I made you cry."

"No you didn't, you gave me the choice to not tell you but I decided to anyways. Thank you for listening to me rant about my life story, which you probably don't even care about because no one else ever has."

I was heartbroken. How could no one ever care about this sweet, beautiful angel.

"I care, I promise I care, okay," I whispered and pulled him into another hug. "How about i make it up to you and take you to lunch."

"No, you don't have to."

"I know I don't have to but, I insist," I persuaded him.

We got off of my bed and headed downstairs. I grabbed my keys and wallet.

"You won't need those."

"Why."

"I'll drive my car, since I did drive here last night, and I'll pay."

"I will let you drive but, I'm going to pay."

With that we walked out of the house.
I lock up the door and walk over to his lime green Jeep Wrangler Rubicon.

"So, where do you want to go?" He asks.

"You pick, I said I was gonna take you out."

"Do you like Sonic?"

"Oh my goodness, Sonic is my FAVORITE!"

"Wait, really? That's my favorite restaurant as well."

"I guess we really do have a lot in common," I say with a wink.

A few minutes later

Calum's POV

I park the car and we order at one of the drive-ins. When we get our food, we immediately start eating. Once we are done, I decide to surprise Lauren.

"Calum, where are we going? You turned the opposite way."

"I know," is simply all I say.

We arrive about 15 minutes later with Lauren asking questions the whole ride. I pull into a cinema. She looks at me in pure shock.

"Calum!" She squealed and hugged me.

We walk into the place hand in hand, fingers interlaced. I pay for our tickets, popcorn and soda. We make our way to the theater that is showing our movie.

"Where is everyone else?" Lauren asks.

"I may or may not have rented out the whole 3:00 showing of this movie," I say with a grin.

"Oh my gosh! How much did that cost?"

"It doesn't matter, anything to make you smile."

"I guess not," she says and lays her head on my shoulder.

At the end of the movie there was a kiss scene. I lift up Lauren's head so that she is looking at me and place her soft lips to against mine. I kiss her and she hesitates. I stop and look at her.

"I'm sorry," I apologize. Instead of saying anything she puts her lips to mine.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Hey guys! I hope you're enjoying the book so far. What about that kiss? Comment ideas for a shout out on my next chapter. I love you all so much! #Calren4life!