Chapter 4

Lauren's POV

"So what are you doing here? I figured you left."

"Of course I didn't leave. Not without saying goodbye to you," he said, making me blush and look down.
"Hey, don't try to hide your blush. You're cute when you blush." I blushed even more.

"Okay," I say and look back up at him. I'm 5'7, so I'm not that short but Calum is like 6'3, so he towers over me.

"You play?" He asks pointing to the guitar hanging on my wall.

"No, Dani and Amy have both tried to teach me but I never understood. I don't know if I've told you but I'm in a band with all my sisters."

"That's really cool. And I can teach you."

"Really, you know how to play?" I ask surprised.

"Yeah," he starts, "I write original music as well."

"Sounds like we have a lot in common." Calum walks over to my guitar and picks it up. Then, he grabs the pick and starts to play.

"Walking down 29th and park
I saw you in another's arms
Only a month we've been apart
You look happier

Saw you walk inside a bar
He said something to make you laugh
I saw that both your smiles were twice as wide as ours
Yeah, you look happier, you do

Ain't nobody hurt you like I hurt you
But, ain't nobody love you like I do
Promise that I will not take it personal, baby
If you're moving on with someone new

'Cause baby, you look happier, you do
My friends told me one day I'll feel it too
And until then I'll smile to hide the truth
But I know I was happier with you

Sat on the corner of the room
Everything's reminding me of you
Nursing an empty bottle and telling myself that you're happier
Aren't you?

Ain't nobody hurt you like I hurt you
But, ain't nobody need you like I do
I know that there's others that deserve you
But my darling, I am still in love with you

But I guess you look happier, you do
My friends told me one day I'll feel it too
I could try to smile to hide the truth
I know I was happier with you

Baby, you look happier, you do
I knew one day you'd fall for someone new
But if he breaks your heart like lovers do
Just know that I'll be waiting here for you."
I hugged him and buried my face into his chest. He rested his head on top of my head and we stayed like that for a while. Then, I pulled away quickly, realizing what I was doing.
"I'm so sorry," I say embarrassed.

"No need to apologize," he says and gives me a reassuring smile.

"That was beautiful."

"I'm not too good so sorry for that,"

"Don't say that, you're perfect," I say while looking down to hide my blush.

"Hey, I told you to stop doing that." With that I look up. Calum sets the guitar back on the wall mount. He comes over and lays down on my bed while I still sit there. "You can lay down, too." I nodded and lay down. He pulls me over and I put my head on his chest. And he smells really good. "Your dad invited me to stay the night," he says.

"Really?" I ask. "My dad never let's guys stay over, he must really like you."

"I guess he does. He said that there is a spare room I could sleep in."

"Oh, no need for that. You can sleep in my room." I could tell that he was blushing and has been most of the time. We talked a little bit more and fell asleep like that.

Calum's POV

I woke up and looked at my watch. The time was 3:48. Lauren was still sleeping soundly on my chest. I tried not to move much so I wouldn't wake her up. I gently place a kiss on her left temple and go back to sleep.

I wake up again, this time at 9:23. I look down at Lauren and her head is buried in the crook of my neck. I smile at the sight of the beautiful brown eyed girl. She started stirring and slowly opened her eyes, exposing her beautiful brown eyes.
"Good morning, beautiful," I say causing her to blush.

"Hi, handsome," she said making me laugh. "Wait, I just realized something."

"And what might that be?" I asked.

"Yesterday when you were playing guitar, you were strumming left handed. Do you write left handed?" She asked causing me to chuckle.

"Yes, I'm left handed," I say, "I do everything left handed. Writing, eating, throwing, guitar playing, you name it."

"Like Dani."

"Oh, she's left handed, too,?" I questioned.

"She sure is. But, she is also ambidextrous, except she can't write right handed."

"That's cool." Lauren reached over to the nightstand that was to the left of her bed and grabs her phone.

"Well, I guess I'll cook us breakfast. The rest of my family is out for the day."

"Okay fine by me," I wink as I say that and she blushes.

Lauren gets off me and walks to her closet and pulls out a dark colored striped shirt, black ripped skinny jeans, white Air Force 1's, and a black snapback. She walks over to her bathroom and comes out a few minutes later.

"I don't have any clothes to change into."

"That's fine. I'm sure we have some extra clothes that are your size." With that she walks into another room and comes back a few moments later carrying a t-shirt and jeans. I take them from her and walk into her bathroom to get dressed. I come out and notice Lauren wasn't in her room. I walk out of her room and smell bacon and hear music. There isn't anyone in the kitchen but there is someone at the grand piano that is in front of the huge window in the dining room. It's Lauren and she's playing a song I've never heard before but it sounds really good.

I walk down the stairs. I come up behind her and wrap my arms around her waist. When I did so, she jumped.

"AHH! You scared me!" She said while turning around.

"I'm sorry, Laur."

"I love when you call me that."

"I'm glad."

"I better go finish breakfast."

I offer her my hand and she accepts we walk over to the kitchen which is the next room over. Lauren finishes breakfast and we sit down to eat.

"So what song were you playing on piano?"

"Oh, um, nothing."

"No really, what song was it? I've never heard of it."

"It's a song I wrote, called 'Flames'."

"Wait, that's one of the songs you wrote? I really liked it."

"Yeah and thank you. So, about those dinner plans for tonight."

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Hey guys! I hope you're liking this story so far. We're finally getting into the good stuff, lol. Comment if you have any ideas and you'll get a shout out. Thanks for reading, I love y'all!