Chapter 6

Lauren's POV

OH MY GOSH! CALUM AND I JUST KISSED! I thought to myself while smiling at Calum.

We didn't say anything until after the movie.

"Thank you, for everything," I say, taking his hand in mine.

"No problem, there's no need to thank me either," Is all he said. I just nodded and smiled.

Later that day

What should I wear for the dinner? Ugh, why do I have this problem so often? I look at my closet and see a ton of clothes, but none I feel that are right. I know he said casual, but I think I should dress up a bit. I look in the very left side of my closet. There are a few dresses. A baby blue one, a black one with a pretty flower design, and a light orange one. I know normally I would dress up as a giant traffic cone, but not tonight. I put the orange one back in the closet. I take the other two to Dani's room.

Dani's POV

I was watching Stranger Things in my room, when I hear a knock at my door. I get up and walk over to the door to open it. I see Lauren holding two dresses.

"What is this?" I ask pointing to one of the dresses.

"A dress," Lauren says.

"I get that, why though?"

"I may or may not be going to dinner with, Calum," she says. I immediately pull her into a hug.

"Congratulations, Sugar," I tell her. Lauren has never been on a real date with a real boyfriend before. What I mean by "real boyfriend" is that all of her ex boyfriends have been jerks and treated her poorly. She's never had a good guy like Calum before and I'm happy for her.

"Thanks, Dan Dan."

"So what do you need help with?" I ask.

"Which one looks better?" She questions.

"Um, I don't know. How about you go put one of them on and then show me."

A few minutes later

Lauren comes back in my room wearing the baby blue dress.

"What do you think?" She asks me.

"Lauren, if I can be honest with you, you look beautiful in anything. This one looks really good on you." She nods and goes back into the bathroom to change into the other one.

A few minutes later

Lauren walks back into my room, this time wearing the black dress with a floral pattern on it.

"Oh, Sugar, you're so pretty it doesn't matter what you wear," I said and she smiled. "But you do want my opinion, so I say go with the blue one."

"Okay, thank you, Dani."

"You're welcome, Lauren."

2 hours later

The dinner is in almost and hour and I'm already ready so I decide to record a cover of "The Rain" by Oh Wonder. I sit down at my keyboard, press record on my camera and start playing.

"Ever since the rain I've been waking on my own
Left an empty space in a home we built to grow
Watching waves at night I fell into the blue
I guess I lost the light, now I've given all my love to you