ii

~•COUNT TO 67•~
Chapter 2- trust is forming again

"if you want to know what a man's like, take a look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals

"if you want to know what a man's like, take a look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals."

-JK Rowling

Zailee woke up with the sun beaming on her face and the familiar smell of the ocean, home. She had her head rested on someone's shoulder, she glanced up to see Finnick's calm and sleeping face and smiled to herself. They were sat sleeping on the sofa, Finnick had an arm wrapped around Zailee's waist.

"Finn." She whispered, the man grumbled but was still asleep. "Finnick, wake up, we're home." She shook him slightly, which caused him to stir.

"I don't wanna get up." He pouted childishly, his voice hoarse.

"Come on, at least let go of me. Annie's probably waiting for me." She muttered, though she didn't quite want to get up herself. She was quite happy in Finnick's arms.

"Annie can wait, I'm-"

"Where's Zailee?!" They both heard Vesta's dramatic scream.

"I'm in the living room with Finnick!" Zailee laughed at the Capitol woman. Vesta rushed into the room.

"Oh, um I see you two finally made up." Vesta gave a tight-lipped smile. Zailee knew why, Vesta knew that Finnick's words upset Zailee greatly and was the reason for Aella's death. "We're almost at the station, go get changed."

Vesta knew that she shouldn't be biased but she couldn't help but prefer Zailee over Finnick, she thought that Finnick was the only reason for Zailee being frequently upset.

"Okay, thanks Ves! Bye Odair, see ya." She grinned and left Finnick's warm embrace.

She went to her room and scanned the multiple options until she chose on a white, breezy dress that puffed out on the sleeves.

She walked into the bathroom and tied her hair in a rough ponytail before going to the dining room.

"Morning, again, I guess!" She greeted cheerfully.

"Why are you so energetic then?" Finnick teased-earning him another glare from Vesta.

"Can't she be happy and not have a reason for it?" Vesta scowled.

"Calm down Vessy, he's just having a laugh." Zailee calmed the Capitol woman down quickly. She opened one of the cupboards and grabbed a bowl and cereal, then made her way to the fridge to get some milk. She sat down next to Vesta and poured her cereal then the milk.

"You guys excited to go home?" Vesta asked, but mostly aimed the question at Zailee.

"Of course I am, no offence but the Capitol is tiring," Zailee complained.