iv

~•COUNT TO 67•~
Chapter 4- you'll be okay

"a friend is someone who knows all about you and still loves you

"a friend is someone who knows all about you and still loves you."

-Elbert Hubbard

The early morning sun beamed into the living room through the gaps in the blinds. Pretty sounds came from songbirds' mouths and the calm sound of wind hitting the ocean. All peaceful in District four.

Finnick's eyes fluttered open as he felt a soft breath blow against his chest. He glanced down to see Zailee wrapped in his arms and smiled remembering last night's events. She looked so calm, eyelashes fanned across her cheekbones, and Finnick was glad that she finally got a good nights sleep.

He was just staring at her for a while and though about how lucky someone would be if they ended up with her, hell he wished he was with her, he had since they were young.

⁖⋰···⁘◖⁘···⋰⁖

A young Finnick approached the Blue household and knocked  on the door. Soon after, Zailee's mother answered. "Hello Mrs Blue!" He said with a toothy grin.

"Hello Finnick, where are your parents?" The woman smiled kindly.

"They went to work, can I go play with Zailee?" He asked, presenting a volleyball.

"Zai has to do her homework, I'm sorry."

"That's okay, I can help her!" He offered.

"Well that's very kind of you Finn, come on in." She stepped aside to let Finnick through the door.

"Thanks Mrs Blue!"

"You know to call me-"

"I know, but my mummy told me it's 'respectful to call an adult by their last name.'"  Finnick recited, earning a laugh.

"Alright, she's in her room." As Finnick walked up the stairs, she called out to him, "Wait, Finnick?"

"Yes?"

"Would you do anything for my daughter?"

"Of course!"