iii

~•COUNT TO 67•~
Chapter 3- panic

"always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much

"always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much."

-Oscar Wilde

Darkness, nothingness...light? Zailee woke up in a cold, icy terrain. Snow covered pine trees surrounded her, iced-over ponds in the distance. The arena of the 67th Hunger games. "No, no...no no no!" She looked around to see her only ally Rogue laying shivering beside her. "This can't be happening." She mumbled, only it was so realistic. She glanced down to see weapons in a bag that was attached to the side of her waist. It was filled with the familiar black metal shurikens. She felt around and on her back was a scabbard with two katanas in them. Someone woke up from underneath her, it was...Zailee? Zailee could only watch the scene unfold in front of her, her body was paralysed.

She heard a foot crunch against the ice behind her and her clone pulled out the twin blades, ready to attack. She knew what was happening, this is how Rogue was killed. Sweet, innocent Rogue of District eight. The District 5 tribute snuck up behind her friend and before she could do anything, Rogue's blood stained the cold snow.

"No!" She screamed. "Rogue!" She glared at the person who killed her. "Run..." She warned. He took one step then another backwards before turning around to sprint. "Too fucking slow." She smirked. She used her hair to wrap around his neck, keeping him in place, he struggled and struggled until he turned limp in my arms, his face turned a little blue. She released him and just to make sure he was dead, she stabbed them eight times, eight for Rogue's district.

She ran towards her dying ally. "Rogue, don't you dare die on me, I'll never forgive you if you do!" She screamed and wailed.

"I-I ho-hope you'll fo-forgive me one d-day." She croaked. "Za-Zailee?"

"Yeah?"

"W-win th-this for...me." She gave her dying breath just to say that. There was no longer fog coming from her mouth, she wasn't breathing.

"I will, I love you Rogue. Forever my favourite District eight person." Zailee tried to laugh. Rogue's pale face gave a weak smile before the light left her eyes. Zailee cried, so vulnerable, tears streaming down her face. She wept for what feels like forever before letting go of Little Rogue's hand and closed the girl's eyes. The familiar boom of the cannon went off.  She stood up with a new fire in her eyes, despite the cold. She took one more glance at the dead body on the ground before she couldn't anymore.

Zailee watched as her clone ran and ran, not being effected by the cold, the scene shifted to red, so much blood poured from her victims, Zailee went insane in that arena, but one kill in particular haunted her forever.

Zailee snuck behind a little boy, only 13 years old, one who reminded her a lot of Finnick, the same dirty blond hair and tanned skin. She ran towards him, he was defenceless, no weapon, no ally, nothing. She would never forget the little boy's screams as she threw a single shuriken at him, sticking itself into the middle of his neck.