CH3 Loneliness

The image above is what the MC looks like right now, when she is 3 years old. Enjoy!

.

.

.

Third Person POV:

That night, the young bastard daughter of a duke spent hours writing out ideas and planning out her life from that moment on.

The main ideas of which she wanted to focus on the most were written in her journal as the following:

1. Kiss up to Daddy~ You never know when the great power only second to the royal family may come in handy ~

2. Practice magic and the martial arts~ This way, I can fully utilize my athletic skills without being questioned by everyone around me.

3. Study, study, study!!! ~ I must become better than the heroine, make money, and prove myself to all the people who ever doubted me before!

4. Reveal my step-mother's true nature!~ I can't let my DEAR father be deceived by this vicious, conniving, and scheming serpent!

5. Befriend the heroine?~ You know, so she DOESN'T lead me to my death in the future~~~

End of List (for now)

And, with all of that in mind, the drowsy toddler toppled onto her fluffy, pink bed, and fell into a deep sleep...

Little that she knew, she was getting a visit from a dear friend.

After a blinding light shone into her golden eyes, Althea Violet blinked herself back to consciousness.

In front of her, was none other than the whole reason why she was in her situation in the first place. Wonderful~

The purple haired, ethereal being in front of her greeted her.

"Hello, long time no see...f-friend?" she stuttered shyly with a light blush giving away her embarrassment.

Althea was planning to give this new friend of hers a long~ scolding once they came into contact again, but she never guessed it would have been so soon.

Also, Althea just couldn't bring herself to scold such an innocent being.

Ah, whatever. She is my friend now, so I guess I'll forgive her.

"What's up? Why are you saying that like it's a question? We ARE friends you know,"  Althea casually teased.

"Aiya! It's not that! It's just... you are...*inaudible*"

"What's that? I couldn't hear."

"I SAID YOU'RE MY FIRST FRIEND OKAY?"

The two girls continued their playful chat and teasing, until Luna mentioned their time limit. They could only speak through dreams for 1 hour intervals every night there was a full moon.

" Oh... So that's why you contacted me now."

" Yeah, I'm sorry. But we have to get to business before we run out of time. First of all, I'm really sorry you got reincarnated as the villainess of the story! I told my assistant your condition without giving it much thought, please forgive me."

"It's... nothing. Don't worry about it," the little redhead sighed in defeat.

I was planning on forgiving her anyway.

"Now, let me inform you more about your current whereabouts. It is a little different from what the novel stated after all.

You are in the Mediocris Kingdom, the largest kingdom on the continent of the fairies and humans. (other continents have other species: beastmen, demons, dwarves, elves, etc.)

Here, many nobles are loved by the commoners for their achievements or for their benevolence, but many are also looked upon disdainfully for being wasteful and selfish.

Mainly the royal family and the ducal families are greatly adored among the citizens of Mediocria. The royal family has led the kingdom to soaring heights in the past generations, and both of the existing ducal families contributed greatly in conquering new lands and protecting the people of the kingdom.

There are two main factions among the nobles at the moment. One of them, the aristocratic faction, the one that you belong to, Althea, supports the first prince, the supposed male lead of the novel, in taking over the throne.

The other faction, simply called the second prince's faction, was as it's name stated. Sadly, in the novel, the promising second prince was poisoned to death by the first prince's mother, the queen when he was only 7 years old. Such a pity.

Althea, we are running out of time. Just know that your sister may not be as heroine-like as the novel may have made her seem. I can't tell you any more than that or else I would be breaking the rules. The next full moon is not for a while, it seems. Stay safe, and I hope to see you again when the time comes."

Luna's voice gradually faded away as her appearance did.

Althea's large eyes immediately opened, as if in shock.

She quickly regained her composure, and realized it was going to be her first day being the new her.

The young girl scurried off her bed, already fully rested after only 1 hour of sleep( she was used to it since she had nights where she would do athletic competitions during the day and cram her studying at night), and looked around her room for a clock.

She found what she had been looking for on her bedside table, and held it tightly.

It was 6:00 a.m. and she felt strange.

Her large room felt cold and empty, so the 3 year-old hugged the clock in the shape of a teddy bear closer to herself on the large bed.

Is this... loneliness?

She had been longing for her family's warmth, even in her past life. She had always hardened her heart to the matter, though, perhaps the loneliness of Althea's past was now breaking down those walls she put up.

Vulnerable...Yes, that's what I'm feeling. Ha, how pathetic.

The champion of martial arts and dance, the popular and confident Tanaka Miyo, was reduced to such a state.

How her fans and enemies would laugh and mock at her now...

Maybe... I should meet my father today...

The young girl was still a young girl after all, with no experience of love or warmth in both of her lifetimes.

And, thus, placing her clock back on her table, and lying back onto her fluffy bed that now seemed a little too big for her, the little transmigrated Althea Violet shed silent tears into the morning.

.

.

.

Words: 1017 

Thanks for reading!!!!

:)