CH9 Big Sister

Third Person POV:

The moment Althea arrived at home, she tore off her corset, tossed on a nightgown, and collapsed exhaustedly on her soft sheets.

After the very eventful night, she was completely drained of energy, yet she was rendered unable to sleep by her relentless stressing about how much the day deviated from the original storyline.

I wish I could talk about to someone about this... wait.

The young girl quickly realized something before scrambling out of her sheets and dashing outside her balcony.

It was a full moon that night.

Confirming her thought, Althea quickly jumped back into bed and soothed her mind, coaxing herself into sleep.

Not long after, a bright light blinded her vision, and in front of her was the only friend she ever had.

"LUNAAAAAA! I MISSED YOU SO MUCH! YOU WOULD NOT BELIEVE WHAT HAPPENED TODAY-"

The purple haired goddess stumbled back in surprise, but she quickly recovered and chuckled helplessly at this puny six year old clinging to her.

After all, in this world, full moons only occurred once a year at random dates.

"Alright, let's not waste any time and catch up, okay?"

For the next hour, Althea spared no effort in telling Luna everything she had gone through in the past year as the goddess attentively listened to her.

And in the blink of an eye, nearly all their time was used up. Luna was starting to fade away.

"Before I go, let me just remind you, since things have already deviated to this point, it is no longer the story it once was. As your friend, I advise you to rewrite your own story, and stop thinking too much. Also take care of yourself. And-"

"ALRIGHT, alright, you worrywart. I'll miss you. See you next year!"

Both girls had slightly watery eyes as the goddess departed from Althea's dream.

.

.

.

Althea woke up feeling more refreshed than she had ever been since the last time she talked with Luna.

Rewrite my own fate, huh...

Well, she wasn't planning on just quietly accepting death in the first place anyway.

"Yeah, Luna's right anyway. There is no point mulling over what has already happened. Who cares about the male leads? I have nothing to worry about!"

Althea walked out onto her balcony and watched the radiant sun rise from the east.

In that moment, contentment filled her heart.

.

.

.

At 8 a.m., Rosie promptly entered Althea's room to wake her, only find that she had long since been up.

This scenario took Rosie back to the day her young miss changed completely in the span of one night, and this brought a warm smile to her face.

Althea quickly got ready and had a quick breakfast all alone on the balcony.

Then, remembering her younger sister's incident from the previous night, she headed toward her bedroom.

"Oh! Sweetie, are you feeling alright? The shock from that chandelier must have traumatized you!" the duchess' voice rang out from the door.