CH7 The Festival

The image above is what the commoner's festival looks like, only it's VERY crowded^^^

.

.

.

Third Person POV

After escaping from the ball room, Althea swiftly ran to where all of the carriages were parked. Thinking ahead of time, she packed a less flashy and more comfortable festival outfit and brought it along in her carriage.

Finally spotting the carriage with her family's insignia (the one her stepmother and stepsister rode didn't have one), the little girl went inside and changed into more inconspicuous clothing.

She wore a long, flowy, off-white dress that was longer in the back than the front. She removed her high heels and wore fold-over dark brown combat boots that reached her mid-calf. To hide herself even more, she draped a black cloak around herself. Lastly, she took her hair out of her bun and put her flaming hair into a loose braid.

 Lastly, she took her hair out of her bun and put her flaming hair into a loose braid

Her outfit^^^ Just imagine the cloak ^-^

Once finished changing in the carriage, she noticed there was another smaller box under her seat.

"Ughh..." Althea groaned as she realized she left her gift for the King in the carriage, the golden fountain pen she had slaved over for a whole year.

Did I just waste all my effort sneaking out only to bring myself back to the ballroom after being a total dumba** and forgetting the most important thing I was supposed to do there?

In the end, the young redhead ran quickly back into the ballroom in defeat and searched for that pile of gifts for the king.

With the help of her black cloak, it was much easier to sneak around in the shadows, especially when combined with her inborn stealth.

With that, the giant heaping pile of luxurious gifts was not very difficult to reach, and Thea successfully dropped off her fountain pen.

Now, to sneak back out...

"Who are you? A spy?" a young boy's voice asked, seemingly with a threatening tone.

Ah, sh*t!

The so-called spy turned around rigidly to be met with a dagger to her neck.

"Listen... Have you ever seen a spy as shor- I mean as young as me? I'm just a kid!" Thea questioned as her golden eyes met dark blue ones. The boy had dark brown hair, and he wore an even darker expression on his face. He was slightly taller than her, and he looked like he meant business.

"So? This could just be a trick to throw us off. What are you doing here?" he spat out.

This little boy... I could beat your a** right now if I wanted to...