CH5 Magic and Martial Arts

This is a picture of Althea when she receives her first real sword from her father^^^

(This image takes place beyond this chapter, when she is 13 years old)

.

.

.

Third Person POV

Ever since the day Althea confronted her father, the two had gotten closer and closer, forming an unbreakable bond of love and trust. She kept calling him 'papa' while he started calling her  'Thea'.

It seemed that after receiving love, the last of the real Althea Violet's spirit finally left her body.

"Thank you for giving me what I always wanted. I can finally rest in peace..."

"No problem! I will make sure to live well, so please watch over me!"

The two of them exchanged joyful smiles and tears before the satisfied spirit departed from the world for good.

After the events that occurred that day, Althea had regained her previous vigor and confidence, and was finally able to move forward with nothing holding her back.

She begged her father to teach her magic and let her learn martial arts despite her age and small stature, and came out slightly successful.

Her father had agreed to teach her the basics of the sword himself, but magic would have had to wait because she was simply too young to understand the complex science of magic.

"Okay, Thea, you grip the sword's hilt like this... yes, like that... You swing like this," the Duke demonstrated not knowing his daughter might as well have been teaching him the sword.

"*rolls eyes discreetly* Oh, like this? Hyah!" Althea feigned ignorance and clumsiness as she cringed at herself whacking the tiny wooden sword up and down like an idiot.

Nothing never stopped Althea from reading all the books in the large library of her house's mansion though, as it was easy to cram all that information into her mind after all the cramming she had done in her previous life.

It seemed that the language of this world was English, which was one of Althea's few weaknesses before she reincarnated, but she was only a toddler so her mistakes were no big deal and she had much time to learn.

Being in a new world that took place in a less advanced economy, the food was not nearly as delicious as in Tanaka Miyo's world. As a result, Althea loved spending time in the kitchen and astonishing everyone around her with her recipes.

As for her stepmother and stepsister, both of them purposely avoided and scorned Althea for taking the Duke's attention, so Althea was never able to befriend the heroine. ~sigh~

Is it just me, or am I feeling more like the heroine of this story? Yuck, no, I am definitely not damsel-in-distress material!

I will leave that up to my sister and the first prince, thank you very much.

At night, Althea would sometimes stay up and practice a little bit of magic that she learned from the books she read.

Some nights, she would make her stuffed animals float, and some others, she would refill her cup of water in the dark. One time, she even lit her own fireplace.

"Start a small spark to bring light to this room! Fire, ignite!"

Magic in this world was generally cast by chanting short phrases and picturing what you want your magic to look like for smaller spells. If someone wanted to use magic for fighting, they would have to make a contract with a fairy and borrow their power.