One

Location: 3321 35th SE Ave, Miami, Fl
August 31st

"I can't believe you convinced me to move all the way to Florida. Girl dont you ever doubt how much i love you hoe," Brielle laughed with a fake pout.
"Bitch I got you living beachside in the most lit place on the east coast. So uh who really love who??"
Brielle tossed a pillow at her sister Lux, which she grabbed from a box she was unpacking.

Looking out at South Beach did make her feel like...like a boss bitch. Of course she missed New York but New York aint have palms trees and clear skies everyday.

"Sis you did pick a lit ass crib though! I mean the marble floors the granite tops..and bitch a chandelier!?"

Lux laughed airily. "We living our best lives and thats that on that pooh!" With her nose to the air, she continued unpacking her designer clothes and folding them into a priceless looking dresser. They aint call her Lux for nothing. Mama musta been a fortune teller to name her Luxury, Brielle thought.

"What you want to eat? Im feeling like Cuban or Chinese," Brielle said. She got up and walked around the piles of half-empty boxes. The movers had assembled the big furniture pieces like the beds, couch and dressers. Brielle's room was a slightly smaller versions's of her sister's.

"Get both," Lux said. "And turn on some love and Hip Hop. Lets take a break."

Three Hours Later...
Location: Miami Dade County Hospital

Two plates of Chinese & cuban food later, Brielle James was in her cute ass Fashion Nova scrubs and parked in a nurse's spot outside her new job. She didn't think finding a hospital with an open nurse position would be easy, but they loved her resume.

She played Summer Walker on low. The sun had set and the dark parking lot was lit up. Two ambulances sat with lights on at the ER entrance. The Hospital was on the far end of Miami just outside of downtown. The harbor was visible from the first row of spaces and a gentle breeze shook the palm trees. Young coconuts littered the ground and strange looking birds picked at their remains. The air smelled of grilled meat, sea salt, and something sweet.

I can get used to this, Brielle thought. She turned off her 2018 Nissan Altima and headed inside. She clocked in, wrapped her braids in a bun, and headed to find who she was shadowing.

Antwoine Loyd, an RN, was seated at the check in desk. It has been recently renovated and he leaned against the gleaning glasstop desk that made a semicircle. Endless printers, racks of forms and papers and several file cabinets engulfed every inch if the check in desk which doubled as a nurse station.

He was young, Hispanic with multiple face piercings and tattoos covering both forearms. He styled his hair in a mohawk, the hair in the middle slicked down. "Gorilla Snot," Brielle concluded under her breath.

"Excuse me?" Antwoine's head swiveled in Brielle's direction. His voice was flamboyant, flat and slightly annoyed, and he gestured every word with his thinly penciled brows. He had a deep Miami accent and reminded her faintly of City Girls.

"I said Im Brielle James. I'm shadowing you tonight." She said embarrassed she had spoke louder than she thought.

Antowine surveyed her behind his feminine cat eye glasses, which were decorated in pink. "You're a pretty girl," Antowine noted, returning his attention back to an admissions form. This made Brielle smile.
A patient walked up to the station with a sickly looking child.
"Pretty girls don't last long here," he added, so matter of factly Brielle felt her heartbeat quicken.