Nine

Miami Gardens Luxury Apartments
September 12 9:00 AM

Smoove sat in his car, relieved he was able to get his baby back. With him blowing up Lucci's spot, and taking out a number of his goons, the block sat abandoned. He waited until he hear Lux leave for work and called a cab to take him to his shit.

He was surprised he could move so lowkey for this long, but he was completely invisible. Brie called him a few hours before, crying about some visitors who came to her job looking for him.

He knew Salvatore was hot on his ass for "his" cash. Truthfully he thought the whole shit was dramatic. He understood the money at stake, but didnt get why Salvatore felt entitled to it. This wasnt the average money hunt. He had killed somebody who ain't know shit for money he ain't even have proof existed.

This shit beyond business, this personal, Smoove thought to himself.

He had parked on the streets across from the apartment. He still hadn't gotten in touch with T, and could only update him on the phone. With Salvatore on his dick, he couldn't risk leading him to the only other person with knowledge of the money.

Let anybody die, he'd choose himself over his brother. He did a double take of the street before pulling his hoodie over his head and running back to the apartment.

He walked in and noticed Brie hunched over the kitchen island. He instantly became flooded with guilt. He knew he got her tangled in some bullshit.

She looked up, sensing his presence. Even with bloodshot eyes and messy hair, she was still beautiful.

"You need to go. Ion know where you gon go and at this point I don't give a damn. You putting me and my sister in danger bein here." She hoped she sounded hard, and scary. But her wavering voice only made her seem more pititful.

"I agree shawty. Look I appreciate you and everything you done for a nigga. But I'm fucking yo life up. Ive always had, and always will have, danger behind me."

Wait... he agrees? Brie thought. She actually felt...insulted. Who does this fuck nigga think he is?? She wondered.

With an awkward smile, he turned on his heel and headed for the door.

"Hol' up lemme get this straight. So you come into my life, tell me about this ghetto ass hood drama life you living, put me in danger just to leave?"

"Brie-

"Uhn uhn. Not finished. You got shot in the head, barely made it out alive, but remembered where your car was? You got shot but was capable of finding where I live. So that means you was fully capable of calling one of yo lil hoes-and I know you got some so dont lie- cause I know you good at remembering numbers. You called you brother off my phone."

He remained silent as she went on, admitting he was slighly entertained to himself.

"So..why me? A stranger?"

"Same reason why you kept visiting me, a stranger."

Suddenly the room felt warmer. Brie walked around the island, and stood an inch away from him. He towered over her 5'8" frame, all dark and smooth. He smelled like soap and cologne.

"You dont get to leave until I say so."

"But you just said-

"I know what I said."

Just as he grabbed her small face towards her and leaned in, the door opened.

Lux's Job
Fifteen minutes before

Lena called Lux to let her know she was downstairs waiting for her. She deemed herself blessed as her car caught a flat the night before. She didn't bother asking Brie to run her to come pick her up. She was always so tired after a shift.

She began to fill ill at work and called one of her new friends. Lena was cool, pretty, and a smoker. Although she had a dope vibe, there was something off about her that Lux couldn't pinpoint...

Her job was a ten minute drive from home hut her stomach was so queasy, she couldn't walk home.

She walked out into the sunlight, saying by to her coworkers, and jogged towards Lena's black Range Rover.

The driver window rolled down, and Lena gestured ti the back seat. Lux climbed in, shocked by the all balck leather interior. The seating had customized gold stitching. Now this a rich bitch car.

Lena spun around and gave a smile. "Hey boo! This my friend Lucci, Lucci this is Lux."

The man in the passenger seat turned. Lux gasped at the large scar the ran along his face diagonally. He was fine in a way that reminded her of the Rock if he had hair. He gave a grin that, for some reason, ran a chill up her spine and not in a good way. She gulped hard and gave a small and stiff wave.

"We just dropping her off it's on our way anyways. Won't be long."

The short ride was uneventful and before Lux knew it, they were in front of the building. Traffic was light that day and a neighboring outdoor restaurant was buzzing low from people eating outside.

"Well, this is is me. Thanks boo and uh nice meeting you."

"Hey, that your car over there?" Lucci asked randomly. Lux stopped halfway out the car and looked in the direction he was pointing. Opposite side if the street, a lone black BMW with deep tinted windows sat with its front towards them. A gold license plate with a Haitian flag emblem gleaned in the sunlight.

I know that fuckin car from somwehere, he thought to himself. Lux looked on with confusion.

"Hell nah, probably a neighbor's or something," she said uninterested. She felt her stomach lurch again. "Nice whip though. Thanks for the ride y'all!"

"Yeah nice whip..." Lucci trailed off, not realizing Lux had already stepped out.

Lena looked on to Lucci with concern. "You okay Papi?"

"Yeah..yeah lets go grab some food. I'm fucking starving."