Seventeen

Brie's Apartment
The next morning

The sun was just beginning to peak over the rooftops of Miami when Brie awoke the next morning. Smoove snored soundly beside her with his hard arm thrown around her. She gave a small smile to herself. Last night couldn't have went better.

She crept out the body, passing by a pile of clothes from the night before. She grabbed her robe from her bathroom and walked quietly out.

The living room and kitchen were completely silent.

"Luxe?" She called out but there was no answer. She checked her sister's room but found nothing. Her bed remained unmade and her TV was left on but muted. Puzzled, she stepped back into the foyer.

"Luxe? You here? And where's the chicken from last ni..."
She noticed seasoning, a mixing bowl and pack of chicken wings on the counter. She walked over cautiously, touching the meat. It was warm. She was just about to walk off when she noticed a recipe card. She picked it up and immediately recognized it as her mom's recipe. She turned it over, and felt her stomach drop.

Written on the other side was: "We have your sister. Meet at 1718 Toucan Way or she dies."

Brie could feel the blood drain out her body & her throat go dry.

"Smoove!!!" She screamed out, tears running down her face. "Smoove!" She was so traumatized she didn't notice that she remained in the same spot, unmoving.

Her bedroom door swung open and a nearly naked Smoove raced out. He caught Brie before she collapsed to the floor, crying and sniffling. "They have my sister! They took my sister!!" She cried.

Smoove noticed the piece of paper sticked from under her clenched fist. He worked her hand open, took the note and studied it. He tossed it on the counter, anger rising inside him.

Brie continued to sob, barey keeping it together? "What are gonna do? What are we gonna do Smoove?"

Smoove picked Brie's chin up softly in his hand.

"We're gonna get your sister back."