Fifteen

The same day
Back in Bal Harbor

Smoove wound the BMW up the familiar stone-covered driveway up to the safe house. He pulled up behind a Benz Truck where T and Shady waited inside for them. They saw Smoove pull up behind them and hopped out.

"Finally nigga I was starting to think y'all asses got lost. You got the bag?" T asked. He chose and all back outfit including black Timberlands despite the hot weather. Shady wore the same thing.

"Yeah nigga you know I got the bag-
Smoove was cut off by a loud BANG! coming from the house. A sudden blast of heat and pieces of the house and the shubbery around it suddenly imploded. The force knocked everyone off their feet and the flames and smoke came in wuicker than Brie could register it.

She was flung into the side of the Benz truck, and slumped over as her back registered the pain from hitting the door handle. Her ears rang so bad, the roar of the fire was muted. She could see through her blurred vision somebody laid beside her. As ahe focused, she saw it was Shady.

He was missing his whole face. Blood soaked the grass around his mangled body and Brie thought she'd be sick. She tossed herself into the ground, trying to crawl to him. But she knew there was nothing she could do. He was gone.

Smoove was thrust into a nearby palm tree. He started to stir, dabbing at the blood coming out of his crooked nose. He spotted his brother nearby, who had landed in a bush beside what was once the house's patio.

"T," he mumbled weakly. "T...bro where are you?" Suddenly, the light around him started to come in and out. He couldn't tell if it was daytime or nighttime. He sank back against the tree. Shady was gone...& somebody was responsible.