Ten

Miami Luxury Apartments
September 12

Lux unlocked the front door, already thinking about the Pepto Bismol in the bathroom cabinet. She was almost positive those fish tacos from the night before was giving her bubble guts.

She opened the door, and gasped at what she saw. Some fine 6 foot nigga standing her living room kissing on her baby sister!

They both looked in her direction like two deers caught in headlights.

"Well well well am I interrupting something hea'?" Brie mentally rolled her eyes at her sister's intrusive smile.

"No no uh, he was actually just leaving," Brie stuttered as she tried making her surprise with a smile.

"And whom might he be?" Lux said. Her voice turned sultry as she gave Smoove a once over. Not bad baby sis, not bad at all pooh!

"Smoove," he held his hand out to her and shook it. She moaned under her breath at how soft his hands were. "I'm Luxury her big sister. But they call me Fine Ass Lux," she giggled.

Brie covered her face with embarrassment. No way this hoe just moaned, she thought. And nobody calls her ditsy ass that shit.

"Wow I love a man with soft hands," she purred. Smoove laughed. "Yeah some say they're magic."

"Oh I bet they do all types'a tricks," she giggled.

"Okay well sis glad y'all met. Excuse us," Brie rushed Smoove out the door and into their hallway.

She closed the door, refocusing her thoughts. "So are we gonna talk about what almost happened?"

He smirked at her, so drawn by her charm. "Later, but right now I gotta figure out a plan.

"We." Brie corrected.

Smoove shot her a curious look.

"Look the way I see it is its only gonna take this Salvatore nigga like two seconds to put two and two together. You escaped the hospital two days ago and he's already on ya ass getting ya whereabouts. You survived five gunshots AND an attempted murder. The way I see it: you're the safest person to hide behind. It won't be long before he tracks you down to here. Then that puts me-and my sister-at risk."

"So what, you gonna sell drugs and go on runs wimme? Come on Brie get a grip I know you smarter than that."

"What the fuck does that mean?"

"It means you a nurse not no damn gangsta!"

"DON'T TELL ME WHAT THE FUCK I AM!!"

Suddenly, a door from the closed from a few units down. An old white lady gave them a nosy stare before closing the door back.

Brie cleared her throat and lowered her tone. "You weren't there when those niggas came in looking for you. They beat the shit out my coworker, flew up in my face-

"Brie that wasn't shit. I've seen Slavatore's dudes do worse, way fuckin worsd-

"I don't give a fuck what you seen!! It was scariest moment of my life! I'm not you!" She hissed angrily.
She could feel her irritation course through her body.

"It was horrible. And-and ion EVER wanna be scared like that again. Hell, I never wanna be scared at all! I wont ler nobody else ever back me into a corner like that again!"

At this point, hot tears of anger rolled down her cheeks. She felt her throat tighten as she let her emotions rush over her. Smoove, in his Nike sweatsuit that looked amazing against his skin, searched deep in her eyes.

"Me and Lux, we'll move to the next county once this shit is done and over with. But while its going down, I wanna be right next to you. I'm not takin' my eyes off you."

"Good cause mine stay on you," he let his last remark hang in the air.

"I'm quitting my job tomorrow," Brie finalized with her hand on her hip. Smoove looked up and down the hallway, taking in the modern and tasteful decor.

"Okay but a place like this ain't cheap. First thing imma give you is some money for yo part of y'all. We wanna keep yo sister is clueless as we can so you can jug with me late night. Make it look like you still working yo regular hours."

"Why we can't fill her in?"

"The less she knows the less likely Salvatore will come after her. He wants the money bad and even keeping her in the dark wont stop his crazy ass from taking out anybody he thinks is in his way."

"Alright...fair point. What's second?"

Smoove gave her that melty smile that made her feel warm in her privates.

"You wanna be a gangster right. We goin to get you a strap."