Nineteen

The Final Hours

They walked in the old, smelly store front. It was bigger than it looked on the outside, but lacked the sunlight. It was dimly lught with light pouring in from cracks in the ceilings and broken windows.

Brie stayed behind Smoove all the while. She could heart her rapid heartbeat thump against her chest and her blood rushed in her ears. She was almost dizzy with fear as sweat poured from her. She felt like she would throw up.

It was too quiet for her. Too dark, creepy, smelly and echo-y. Every step they took bounced off the walls like a canyon. She began to get worried when Smoove noticed a lump laying the center of the floor.

Looking closer, he saw a body-shaped figure under a burlap blanket. They began to jog over when a tall, luring man came from the shadows opposite side of the store. Brie noticed he wore a black pressed striped suit but the scar over his eye is really got her attention. It was deep, violent and still pink and puckered. His hair was oil black and even under the store's darkness, still glistened. He reminded her of the Grim Reaper.

Smoove instinctively pushed Brie behind him. He could feel the heat rise from his body as he stood facing Sal.

"Well well well, look at little Shymere grown up. I must say you greatly resemble your father."

"Dont speak on my pops," Smoove said stonily.

"Well why not? After all, my old business partner is a hard man to forget. Especially after he left me with this pretty little scar," Sal chuckled coldly.

"Cause yo ass was a thief!"

Sal chuckled at that. "Oh is that what he told you boys? Speaking of, where's that brother of yours and? Huh I also notice your empty-handed."

"What you talm bout thats what he told us?"

Sal stopped pacing around Lex's body. Brie saw her chest was rising slightly under the blanket and sighed a relief. It looked like she had only been heavily drugged, but she was still alive.

"Oh Shymere I hate to be the one to do this. I figured even your mother would at least clue you boys in, once you got older of course."

"Spit it the fuck out old man," Smoove growled.

Sal looked Smoove deep with his good eye. "We stopped doing business because I was sleeping with your mother."

Smoove could feel his stomach drop. "The fuck you just say?"

"I Said, son, I was fucking your mother and your father found at. Actually, it was around the time she told him she was pregnant with Trynity."

Brie couldn't believe her ears. Was Sal trying to say...

"Shymere, Trynity is my son. Not your father's."

Smoove felt his heart stop. There was no way anything this nigga was saying was true. He felt himself feel behind his back from his strap.

"You's a motherfucking liar, and I don't believe shit you say!"

Sal laughed deeply, sounding more and more like a villain. "Oh son you don't have to. Because he believes me."

Before Brie could react, she felt a push against her back and toppled over Smoove, landing on the floor with a hard smack. She looked up and saw a woman in high heels looking down at her with an evil, beautiful smile."

"Lena?" Smoove went to reach for his gun and his instantly shot from somewhere in the dark. Sal stood standing over Lux's sleeping body with a blank look.

As Smoove sank to the ground, clutching his bleeding thigh, he saw a sliver of light from the back if the store. He could hear footsteps before he saw Trynity emerge with a duffle bag in his hand.

His face was a dead stare, his eyes blank. He tossed the bag to Sal without looking his brother in the eye.

"Lena? T? Man what the fuck is y'all doing? Fuck is going on?"

Lena looked over at Smoove and walked towards Sal an T, making sure she kicked Brie in the ribs for good measure. Brie rolled over in pain, searching for Smoove. What she was witnessing was unbelievable. How could T double-cross his brother? How could Lena double cross Lux?

"That's how you knew when and where to take Lux," Brie moaned. "You dropped her off from work that day."

Lena smiled sinisterly. "Your sister should really be careful showing strangers where she rests her head at night. Once we connected the dots and figured out you all knew each other, we knew it was a matter of time before we could just corner yall."

Smoove looked up at his brother, tears welling in his eyes. "Trynity..bro how could you?"

"I spent all my life tryna be like Pops, tryna hustle and jugg and finesse like him. He was my idol, and just to find out he lied to us this whole time. About everything. About being my father, she he even lied about the money."

Smoove's skin started making a sheen layer of sweat. He could feel his vision blurring and his heart start to beat fast.

"Whatchu mean he lied about the money?" Smoove said weakly.

"Nigga it's not 16 million, its 160 million," T responded.

"And Half of it is rightfully mine from when your father and I were in business, its the least I deserve," Sal hissed beside T.

"Me and T are gonna split our 80 million and leave the country. No doubt the feds will be kn our asses after the mess we're gonna leave."

"What mess?" Smoove asked.

"This one," suddenly, T raised his gun and his brother and let three rounds off directly at his chest.

Brie screamed as his he sunk into the floor, blood already starting to appear on his shirt. She crawled over to him, putting her hands to his chest. She felt like somebody ripped her heart out.

"Finish these two off...Son," Sal said to T. T smiled sickly at Sal and aimed his gun at Brie. Suddenly, a gunshot went off....