12 - Different

A week has already passed and you weren't hearing the voice anymore. It was somewhat weird yet you were also relieved by it. At least your problems will decrease and you will have less to think about. Furthermore, you were getting better in fighting as the days passed. It was absolutely pure torture during those past few days, training hard and not getting enough rest. All those efforts just to save your butt from getting humiliated in front of everyone at the tournament.

You might come out haughty and obnoxious in their eyes since you're not showing your powers, but you don't have a choice. The reality hurts too much, considering how powerless you are. So basically, the only way to survive the tournament is to learn how to defend yourself and fight back.

You're currently at the rooftop, eating lunch alone. You weren't really in the mood to eat with the others due to a ridiculous reason. Whenever you'd look into their eyes, you can't help but have the urge to become all honest and just tell them the truth. Apparently, there's a tendency that there'll be changes on the way they treat you after knowing the real you.

Suddenly, the door in the rooftop slammed open, startling you. You turned to look at the person who seemed pretty angry judging from how he or she slammed the door loudly.

"That stupid old man...!"

"Gakusho?" You stilled on your spot when you found out who it was. As usual, he was emitting an intimidating aura and his brows were furrowed.

Upon hearing your voice, he flinched. "Huh?! (Y/n)?! What are you doing here?" He asked, eyes round from shock. He must've not expected someone to be here at this time.

"That's what I was about to ask. I was eating lunch." You answered.

He raises a brow, "Here?"

You nod, patting the spot beside you. "Would you like to join me?"

He sighed before plopping down on the floor beside you. After swallowing the food inside your mouth, you ask him, "You seemed troubled, is something wrong?"

"It's none of your business." He huffed, crossing his arms as he leaned against the wall. He obviously didn't want to talk about it, so you didn't pry further.

Shrugging, you continue to munch on your food. An amused smirk slowly crept to your face as you caught a glimpse of the strawberry blond-haired male eyeing your lunch. "Want some?" You ask him teasingly.

He quickly avoids your gaze, reluctantly shaking his head. "I'm not hungry." As soon as he said that, his stomach betrays him by making a loud grumbling sound, automatically contradicting his claim. You stifle a laugh, watching as his face slowly turn red.

"Your tummy says otherwise," you snickered.

"T-Then...just a little." He mumbled with an embarrassed look.

Cute, you thought to yourself as you watch the purple-eyed intellectual taking a bite of your food. His eyes immediately sparkled in delight as he tasted the food, causing a laugh to escape your lips.

"What's so funny?" He griped while glaring daggers at you, yet it didn't affect you due to the visible tints of red dusted on his cheeks.

"It's nothing," you chuckled. "It's just that, you're actually different from what I expected."

Gakushu stares at you as if you had two heads, blinking a few times in confusion. "What do you mean by that?"

"Nevermind. You're smart anyway, you'll figure it out." You answered, feeling lazy to explain further.

To your dismay, he kept on asking and trying hard to force the words out of your mouth. Ignoring him didn't work either, so you opted to change the topic in hopes to stop his persistent inquiry.