29 - Like Roses

"Ugh! These bugs are so annoying!" Kayano whined as she was busy swatting away the bugs that kept on flying around her. "Are you really sure about this, Gakushu?"

The aforementioned male sighs, replying with knitted brows."We have no choice, this is the only solution that we found in the book."

As he said that, Kayano puffs her cheeks while crossing her arms at the same time. Meanwhile, (y/n) was completely zoned out, with Karma eyeing her from behind. She reminisced yesterday's unexpected occurrence, as she was still feeling a bit incredulous by it.

.

.

.

"...I think this Shadow has something to do with my past."

"Huh?" Everyone stared at you, dumbfounded.

"I saw him just now." You added.

Kayano pales, turning around to check her surroundings for any suspicious presence. "Where?!"

Karma remained silent, along with the other two males who were left wondering by your sudden words. As the others began to interrogate you, Karma's attention was drawn by a subtly glowing light located on another shelf at a corner.

He cautiously walked towards it and realized it was a book, covered in a white light. As his hand came in contact with it, the light vanished, leaving an old book that seemed to have been untouched for many years.

Karma wondered why this book was glowing earlier, almost as if it was trying to catch his attention. And it succeeded.

"Karma? What's wrong?" Nagisa asked, startling the said redhead.

"I was just taking a look at this book." He replied, skimming through the torn pages of the book.

As he did, he stopped when he saw something surprising. "Wait a second...this book..."

"Why? What about it?" Gakushu hurriedly approached him and takes the book, only to be rendered shocked by its contents. "This is..."

"Enough with the suspense and just tell us already!" Kayano rolls her eyes, becoming more and more impatient.

Gakushu states, "This is the book that we need." Then he turns to Karma. "Where did you find it?"

Karma shrugs nonchalantly and answered, "The book was glowing so I just took it."

"Seriously?" Kayano raises a brow.

"You need to be careful sometimes, it could've been a trap." Nagisa sighs, his palm colliding with his forehead in dismay.

"What does it say?" You questioned, unable to wait any longer.

Gakushu flips through the pages, searching for something related to Shadow. "It seems that this Shadow is a dangerous man who possessed dark magic. It's a scary power that is capable of turning the world into a dark place where no light can be seen."

All of you were shocked, horrified even. You couldn't utter a single word from fear. You never knew that something like this could possibly happen, but now that you think of it, the gifted ones are never normal so anything could happen.

"What's gonna happen to us now?" Kayano says, her voice cracking as if she's about to break into tears.

Nagisa walks close to her and placed a hand on her shoulder. "There must be some way to stop him, right?" He asked.