Chapter Five [A Diner, New Friend, and Relief]

------------------Emalee's POV----------------------------------

I ran so fast, away from Kenna, Drake, Abigail and the rest of the burning stares. That's all I've thought about. The way Drake looked so sad and sorry, it crushed the bottom of my heart; It wasn't his fault, nor was it Brandon's. I wipped my face with my arm, opening my eyes and adjusting to the sudden lack of light.

"Oh no. Where am I?!" I thought, standing up but failing and leaning up against the smooth tree bark.

My arm, I noticed, was covered in black streaks. My eyeliner. My mascara. Both weren't water proof.         I sighed, walking back to, from what I could see, was the brightest bundle of lights. I just wanted home.

Home, my stomach twisted, knowing what was waiting for me. I no longer yearned for "home."

My stomach rumbled terribly, I let out another sigh, and saw a tiny little diner, the LED lights flickering ever so slightly. The cool metal door jingled upon my entrance, making my face flush, but the two people in there didn't look up.

"Hi, welcome to High-..." A girl, dressed in a old waitresses outfit with her shiny, red-brown hair in a braid going down the left side, my blurry green-blues saw depths of worry in her dark brown eyes, that were under thick and long, black eyelashes.

"Ma'am? Are you Ok?" She asked, I snapped out of it, rubbing my face.

"Mhm, do you have a restroom?" I asked, still concious about my appearance.

"Here, follow me," I watched carefully as she led me down a silent hallway, the walls were a 80s turqouse, the decorative bits were dusty and chipped.

"Right in there, do you want something to drink?" She smiled at me, sweeping her bangs out of her eyes, I caught bold, black Xs on her hand.

"Water please, with ice." I said, rubbing my itchy eyes.

"Coming right up!" She smiled, it was contagious.

The bell to the diner rang and I waved her off, going into the bathroom and rinsing off my face, taking deep breathes and taking in my eye colour. They were a divided green and blue.

-------Brandon's POV------------

I knew Drake felt pretty down about that girl, I felt pretty bad about freaking her out by asking to come on stage. Bryan and Brady were trying to cheer us up by taking us, only me, Drake, Bryan, Brady, Kris, and Robby from Farewell, My Love to this little hole-in-the-wall diner, which actually seemed nice once we pulled up.

"Dude, what's gotten into him?" Brady asked, pointing over to Drake, who was staring emotionless at his bright phone.

"It's probably just a text," I shrugged it off, but I knew. I knew that girl's friend had no idea where she was. That she ran off, now god knows where in Memphis. He was a little out of it, I wondered how the other guys didn't see the way Christopher looks at her. Lovesick. I felt the acid of jealousy on my tongue, I've always wanted a real love. Hell, who hasn't? Dammit, get it together Brandon.

"Hi guys, welcome to High Heels, you can sit over here," A pretty, very pretty actually, girl took us to a large table, a blush was on her face. She must know us. I caught her eyes, and melted; I never saw anything more beautiful. Her hair was neatly in a cinnamon colored braid, bangs only slightly falling over her perfect eyelashes.

"I'm Meagan, I'll be your waitress, uhm, for the night." She passed around menus shyly and the guys joked around, I smiled right at her and she blushed harder. I kept in a chuckle.

My phone jingled, it was a text from Drake, who was smirking along with Bryan and Brady and Kris, laughter and playful whines filled the once silence little place.

~Drake Christopher (CYC)

Yooooooooooooouuuuuuuuuuuuu Mr. Sir,  totally like that waitress~

I rolled my eyes, a blush involuntarily snuck on my face, making the guys 'aww' and laugh.

We settled down and ordered, I got a hamburger with waffle fries, Bryan got a ham and cheese melt, Drake settled on plain tortillas, Brady ordered a large curly fry, Kris didn't want anything and neither did Robby. Meagan went to place our orders and I heard something about checking on that girl, whoever that was.

"So," Kris started, "I know this is going to ruin it." We all looked at him.

"But we kinda don't have enough money for shit," He said wearily, our eyes went wide.

"I've talked it over with the managers, and we decided to take an extended break, just to raise a few more dollars." Bryan pinched his eyes closed, Drake swore, as well as Brady, Robby sighed, and I felt disappointed.

"Here, sorry about not getting to you sooner, or catching your name," I heard Meagan, taking a worn out girl to a booth on the other, far side of us.

"Emalee," She smiled, Meagan shook her hand and set down a glass of water, I gasped.

"You alright dude?" Robby asked, I nodded and elbowed Drake, who complained in response.

"What the hell?" I nodded back to Emalee, who was most definitely the girl from before, he looked at her with so much relief and worry I thought I was going to die at the "cuteness" of it all.

"I'm.. gonna go say something.." He mumbled, the guys distracted by the sudden change of plans.

-------------Drake's POV-------------------------------------

It was her.. I felt a dam release, all the worries and stress I felt now left when I saw her amazing eyes.

"I'm.. gonna go say something.." I knew the the guys were disctracted by the sudden canceling of the tours.

Meagan, the waitress whom Brandon had the biggest crush on, left her side and I slid nervously into the booth opposite of Emalee, who was lost in her mind, staring down at the old menu. She looked up so suddenly, so scared, but it turned to surprised when she found out it was me, I gave a small smile.

"I'm.. so, sosososossos sorry." Emalee whispered quickly, I shrugged.

"I should be sorry, I was so worried when you ran off, Kenna didn't have a clue where you were, this place is big, I was just so scared." Holy crap, did I just say that?

Emalee blushed, her eyes going green, it was an amazing sight to see the colors mix each blink, the warm blush crept on both our cheeks now.

"Thank you." She went over and hugged me, I stood up and hugged her back. I felt more complete than I ever have; My other girlfriends... even... The girls from my story.. I never felt so right.

THE END

of Chapter Five.

"Emalee.. I had a find a way, to get her next to me." - The Maine.

"You my dear, are my dearest." - CYC.

WHAT'S GONNA HAPPEN NEXT?