Chapter Ten [Snack Break // Awkward Chat]

-----------------------Drake's POV (Before Emalee picked him up)---------------------------------------------

I was sitting on the edge of the hotel bed, staring at my unlit phone. What was I doing? Pfft, no idea. Wait really, I s'pose, nervous that I might make a fool out of myself talking to Emalee... She was so beautiful... She made me smile, brighter than anyone ever has. All of the guys on tour realized that too, even if they had been there or not, stories were flying everywhere. Oh well, I was too anxious to see her that I couldn't fall asleep until three or three-thirty. I rubbed sleep from my eyes, even though I woke up an hour or two ago, by Emalee's call. Speaking of which, my phone lit up and a picture of the tree she was under marked her calling.

"Hey," I chirped, sweeping my fringe to the side.

"Ay, are you ready?" She asked, a long zipping noise following.

"Mhm," I smiled, "Thanks for everything, seriously," I slid back onto the bed, the covers rubbing together loudly.

"Seriously, it's no problem, I'll hang up and you text me the address."

"Okay," I nodded to myself, eyes flicking over to the paper I had written on.

The line went dead and I unlocked my phone, going to Emalee's contact and carefully repeating the words and numbers written on the note. I pressed send and gathered my bags by the door. After a minute, I picked up the stuff walked down into the lobby, returning the key and getting a receipt for my stay, I told the receptionist goodbye and went out to the steps that led up to the hotel. I was somewhat lost in thought, Emalee's soft, black hair that billowed over like a smoke cloud, her pale face, and the pretty green-blue eyes that looked so nervous the night I met her, which was only last night.

Only last night, get that through your head. Not long enough to know someone you want to go out with. A part of me argued.

Does it matter? If she didn't like me she wouldn't be taking me all the way to L.A., then stay for a while. It doesn't take long to fall in love. My thoughts stopped dead at love, just as a little, familiar creme Beetle pulled up.

"Did ya get lost?" I grinned, opening the back door and putting my bags in, then getting the small vehicle. Why didn't you get her door, dumbass? I mentally facepalmed.

"Thankfully no," A light pink came over her ivory cheeks, a tiny, nervous laugh rang from her soft looking lips. I stopped myself.

"Good, I'm part map," Are you a child? My mind was such a bother. I pulled my phone out, Emalee giggled, her phone buzzing loudly from a cubby hole in the dash after I sent a Tweet. When we stopped at a light, she pulled out her phone and her face was even redder. She looked at me, with those amazing eyes,

"So, uhm, how long are going to stay over?" I asked what first came to mind. Idiot. Shut up.

"Until the end of the week, if that's ok," She began fidgeting, slowly pulling forward as the roads cleared.

"It's perfectly fine, you'll love L.A.," I grinned, laying back into the chair and staring out the window. A long, music filled silence but comfortable silence filled for a while, I glanced at my phone, no new messages.

"So, did you like the show?" I wondered aloud, blushing a bit, but she didn't seem to notice. Instead, a musical laugh came out.

"Of course, it sort of made my life," Emalee blushed, stopping at a red light. We were already getting to the highways.

"I'm glad you got to come out, like really," I sent her a warm smile, she continued to glance between me and the slowly inching forward cars.

"Damn, blocked up highway," She huffed an annoyed sigh, "It'll take you even longer to get you back home.." Emalee was biting her pink lip, a nervous gleam in her eyes.  Now this is the point I don't even understand. I leaned in. To freaking kiss her. An 'It's okay' tumbled out of my mouth, her face was as red as a ruby, but she still leaned in with me. What the hell dude? I blocked out the judgmental part of my brain, but soon I froze, then flinched back, a car had blared on its horn. Talk about fucking awkward. Dumbass, what did you expect? That's destiny for ya. I groaned inwardly, She looked angry, and my heart dropped.