Prologue

Prologue

It was a quiet afternoon in the Khan Villa. Or so it seemed...

Zoya was furious.How dare he?

He always does this. First, he comes in and treats her like the most precious thing ever and then suddenly disregards her like she's that bechara roadside chaiwaala who's too low for his highness' high standards.

And he had done it yet again.

He had again treated her like nothing. Nothing at all. She reminisced his voice the millionth time now, the texture of his voice when he thought she was hurt. But he'd only searched for the physical blows that day as he failed to recognize the emotional agony he put her through when she saw him hugging some other woman.

But why did she even feel that way? Why had she felt betrayal, pain, anger and an unexplainable fear? She had questioned herself time and again but failed each time to answer.

Was that because he had supported her through her tough times with his patient ear and a cup of milky coffee just the way she liked it. And now she felt deprived of the attention, the spotlight in his life she has had. No that can't be.

She wasn't certainly an attention seeker.

"Allah Miyan, what's wrong with you Zoya", she huffed. "You can't be jealous. This can't be happening. Why would I be jealous of that Tanu? Who cares if he hugs her or treats her like a celebrity or — she had sensed a flirtatious streak in him this morning when he had said "acha aur kya kya yaad hain tumhe" to his precious Tanu in a sickly sweet manner — her volume gradually fading away as she reached the end of her angry word vomit.

She kicked the stool next to her in frustration.

He can't be flirting. He wouldn't dare to, not when she was sitting right next to him.

Ya Allah! That is downright ruthless. But then again it was Mr.Khan she was talking about. He is the king of cold-bloodedness Zoya. Don't fool yourself.

But he doesn't flirt, right? Right? Infact, pigs would start flying the day he actually flirts.

"Bas bahut hogaya, ab jo kaam main karne ai hoon yahan usi par concentrate karungi". Nobody had time for jahapana's scrawny and stuck up a*s.

Yes, she had decided now, she was going to ignore him.

Hadn't he ignored her since the moment they were back from that ride of hell with his sweet heart in front seat of his car.

But eventually fury got the best of her and she was decided.

"What does he think of himself? Fine! Even if I am jealous, that doesn't give him any right to ignore me like that."

Well then, two can play the same game Mr.Khan.

If I had been agonizing over Tanveer, then even he had admitted that he was attracted to her in that little farmhouse.

Fine Mr. Smartypants; you want to go fooling around with me . I'll show you how it's done.

With that thought she picked up her cell phone and speed dialled someone. A raspy male voice greeted her.

"Laddu, I need you here, now!