Chapter 5

Chapter 5

"Tujhe Yaad Kar Liya Hai Aayat ki Tarah"

The lid from the small jar slipped through Zoya's trembling fingers for the third time. She couldn't believe what had just happened.

"If only you would like to join me.. you know for coffee"

"Yes, you are okay or yes you will join me for coffee"

WHAT HAD JUST HAPPENED? With a huge sigh, trying desperately not to get her hopes up and failing miserably, she poured his black coffee and placed it aside with her sweet milky coffee. She was such a hopeless pushover. Just because he had decided to pay attention to her in Allah Miyan knows how long, she had started making her own khayali pullao with coffee.

But amidst all this, Zoya had not missed the lines of strain that were etched across his forehead. She could only hope it was related to only very recent of their traumas: Mr.Rashid Ahmed Khan's bail.

Asad sat silently in the garden under the quiet moonlit night. Quiet as it was, it couldn't hold his mind silent. He should have known it was coming. As soon as he had heard the mention of yet another treacherous friend named Laddu from Zoya's mouth, he knew there was only so much longer he could hold his feelings prisoner.

He wasn't jealous of Zayn. He was just her best friend, right? Right?

But he was jealous of the man Zoya would hold in her heart forever. The one she would vow to love forever. The one she would give the privilege of seeing her smiles and prize her affection onto. Day after day. Everyday .The one she would say Qubool Hai to.

The two words only he wanted to hear. The two words he would do anything to hear if they were to come out from her lips.

He had never realized how strong these feelings of jealousy could get . It was like a volcano of anger and pain had just erupted inside him. The lava threatening to spill out any moment, baring his soul to the girl he loved.

No!

It would burn her! The toxic drops of his past scorching her future in the heat!

And even though he had come to realize the biggest love of his lifetime over the past couple months, he had also come to realize his biggest weakness. He could not stay away from her. The pain of someone else putting her arms around her was too much to bear.He was strong enough to ignore her; strong enough to be rude to her, but did not have the strength to see her belong to someone else.

Ya Allah! He had held his heart hostage for so long, he couldn't believe it was jealousy of all things that broke the barrier.

He wasn't going to lie to himself though. He initially did have other plans, plans that revolved around leaving her or well trying to leave her alone, up until that fateful night.

A few nights ago...

Asad had just finished off reading the last page of the contract when he glanced up at the clock. Again.

Ah!Finally! It was 12.30 a.m. now. Zoya was usually sound asleep at this point at night. He hurriedly shut his laptop off and silently tiptoed to the room opposite his. He didn't need the relaxant cream anymore. He had heard Zoya felt much better now and had stopped using it altogether, something about its smell that she didn't like.

He shook his head and smiled. She was such a child.

But because he had never intended to get caught into his own night endeavour, he decided to forget the cream altogether even though it wasn't his best interest.