Chapter 8

Sooo Chapter 8 is here and because I was suuuper swamped these past weeks, my apologies for the short update.

Hope you all enjoy !

Chapter 8

'Kaisi Teri Khudgarzi, Na Dhoop Chune Na Chaon'

The after effects of Asad's little dinner adventure left everyone thinking. Dilshad wondered if Asad had actually talked to Zoya about his feelings, hence the whistling. Zoya wondered if her Jahapanah truly – literally ­– had a bipolar disorder alongside his OCD, while Tanveer looked uncharacteristically happy helping Najma clean the kitchen.

She hadn't had a lot of wins recently but the conversation at the dinner table seemed like a ray of hope. Miss New York had got talking about Ayaan's sagai and as usual blurted out bits she wasn't supposed to. It was a good thing Asad was much too preoccupied with his lunacy to take notice.

That girl really needed to learn to keep her mouth shut, Tanveer thought spitefully.

But to her benefit she would be able to get rid of her just as fast now. The sooner she leaves, quicker she gets to Asad and his capital.

Ah! She just couldn't wait. Tomorrow was going to be a good day.

xx

The front door squeaked as the chilly morning air made its way through the house.

The hands on the knob trembled cold and wet from the pouring rain, the strings in the handle recoiling, echoing through the empty space as the door opened.

Out of all the days, it had to be raining today. And why in the world does this door have to be so loud? I knew I should have used the window.

Ok! Now remember.Kick and step. Kick and step. Kick and...

"Woahhhh"

A loud thud drowned the early morning quiet.

"Allah Miyan! I told Aapi the length was not going to work. Why does this have to so long and slippery."

A burqah clad Zoya picked herself from the lobby floor not seeing the hand extended to help her at first.

"Zoya?"

Busted.

"Oh! Hi! Great weather na. Just perfect for a morning jog" Just act calm Zoya. Nothing-strange here.

" Aap Burqah mein jogging jaati hai Zoya?

Ya Allah! Why didn't my smart brain think of an excuse earlier and why is Tanveer up so early?

" How come you are up so early? I didn't know you were a morning person."

"Well I am a light sleeper and I thought I heard something"

"Oh" Of course she did.

Zoya hid her wet sweaty hands beneath her burqah. She was usually a quick thinker. The last thing she wanted was Tanveer to blow their cover.

Tanveer could almost hear the gears in her brain turning.

" You know Zoya, you could tell me" she tried to reassure, her hand on Zoya's.

Nothing. She tried again.

" You are also a part of this family" Not for long "It would hurt us all terribly if something were to happen to you. I just want to make sure you are safe" Come on spit it out already. I know you have a soft corner for all this emotional family talk.