Chapter 1

"O Re Piya..."

Asad was not a happy man. He had seen Zoya moping around after he had blatantly ignored her this morning. A part of him had been elated seeing Zoya jealous for him but he had remained more on edge. How could he enjoy her jealousy if he was hurting her in the process?

He sighed out of frustration.He could still feel Zoya's soft body quivering against him as she cried for her father. His heart had stopped when she reflexively hugged him seeking comfort, unable to control her tears.

And this time he sighed out of longing.

He had wanted to hold her tight against his chest that day instead of the cautious hug he'd bestowed upon her with trembling fingers and a quaking heart.

Never wanting to let her go...HUH! Where did that come from!?

He raked his hand through his hair in exasperation. Who was he kidding? Only superhuman effort had stopped him that fateful night in the farmhouse not to go all caveman on Zoya. She had looked sinful in the bright pink sari with her ruffled wet hair and a killer dimple.

For the very first time in his life, Asad had yearned for a woman.

He still couldn't wrap his mind around the weird voodoo this girl had done on him. Since the very first time he had laid his eyes on her, he hadn't been able to stop thinking about her. She was always on his mind one-way or the other. He had shrugged it off as her being nosy, annoying or just being a musibat in general but time had told him otherwise.

Allah Miyan! What has his life become?

Ms. Faaroqui', he growled.

No, he wasn't going down that road. It wasn't right for him, for her, for them!

Annoyed with all his pent up emotions, he got up to get a glass of water to calm his frenzied mind down.

But as soon as he stepped outside, he almost groaned out loud as he ran in to the same person he was trying so hard not to think about.

The Hoity Toity Miss New York was sitting in his chair, furiously tapping on her iPad. He suddenly recalled, one of the many tortures she had tormented him with a while ago.

"Ruhaani sukoon aur dil main chain hona chahiye,
Ruhaani sukoon aur dil main chain hona chahiye,
Apka naam Asad nahi chairman hona chahiye"

Incredibly foolish!

But, what was she up to now? Asad thought as he observed her.

It looked like she was typing something.

Texting?

He hoped it wasn't related to any Raabart-Mona nonsense.

He walked over to get a glass of water trying his best to not acknowledge her.But curiosity taking the best of him, he stole a glance at Zoya's iPad.

Zoya had noticed him the moment he stepped out from his room. But decided to ignore him altogether. Take that jahapanah! Bade romeo bante firte the.

But she couldn't help stealing a glance at his face, only to be frozen the instant she saw the expression Asad wore now.

Mr.Khan looked like he was about to throw up.

Forgetting any plans to ignore him, she asked, "Kya hua Mr.Khan", her own face twisted in worry.

"You are leaving", he blurted out.

Huh! Leaving.

"Kaun leaving Mr.Khan."