Save me (Jungkook) - Hurt Pt.2

Part 2
It felt as if one second, he was left panicking at the door and the next second, he was sat on Jimin's bed with his hyung leaning over him with worried eyes.

"Jungkook, you're bleeding." Jimin stated dumbly. Jungkook just barely mumbled out another apology.

Jimin winced, "No, no, it's okay. I- what happened?" Jungkook stayed silent. He wasn't ready to spill all of his secrets to his hyung yet. It was still too fresh. He could feel his father staring at him. He could feel the kicks and the hurt still. He fell right back into tears. Jimin was immediately on him with a hug. It was then that Jimin's mom was tiptoeing into the room. She had a wet cloth and bandages in hand.

"Come here, honey," she stated, slowly pulling Jungkook toward her. With soft movements, she began dabbing at his cuts, mopping up the blood under his nose.

Jimin sat beside him with a hand on his back, the other running through his hair, "God, do your parents even know where you are, Kook? Did you ever make it home?" At that, Jungkook whimpered. Because that was the entire problem. And Jimin knew nothing. He knew nothing.

"I- yeah, I- my step-father, he-" Jungkook couldn't even get the words out. Of course, Jimin didn't understand what he was trying to say. Jimin couldn't even fathom a situation like his. For God's sake, his mom was helping Jungkook out of the goodness of her heart. Jimin's whole family was putting up with him wrecking their time together.

Jimin's mom continued questioning him, "Honey, did your step-father do this to you?" She was blunt about it. Jimin's gasp would have been considered comical in another scenario. And Jungkook's answering breakdown confirmed the question. His hyung pulled him in very close, shielding him. Jimin's mom kept a hand rubbing on his back. It took him too long to calm down. And he felt so drained. His whole body ached. He was so scared even still.

He stayed curled up in Jimin when he spoke, "I- my mom didn't make dinner and- oh God. Hyung, my mom. Her head hit the wall so hard. And it was my fault because I was talking. And she didn't make dinner. And I tried to stop him, but I can't. I can't!" His rambling had become near wailing by the time Jimin managed to stop him.

"Jungkook, do you want me to call someone?" Jimin asked, "The police? The company? Anyone?"

"No," Jungkook couldn't breathe, "no. No one can know. No one can ever know."

Jimin's mom leaned down to his level, "How long has this been going on, honey?" She sounded worried. Horrified, even. By him. Because of him.

"I don't know. Forever. I don't know."

Jimin seemed to pull him in impossibly tighter. He tucked his chin above Jungkook's head. Jungkook could feel his hyung's shaky breaths move his hair. The room was still dim, no one having bothered turning on the lights. And Jimin smelled faintly of seafood as did his mother. They must have been eating some sort of fish for dinner. The tears on the maknae's cheeks ran hot. His eyes were scrunched closed as far as he could. He had the soft fabric of his hyung's sweater balled up in his fists, no doubt stretching it. Jimin felt shaky above him. Jungkook felt shakier. His whole world was falling back apart; like he had only taped the good parts of him together, but the stickiness was wearing off. He was underwater. And tape never stuck well when it was wet.

"Kook, my mom's gonna help fix you up and then we're calling the hyungs," Jimin continued before Jungkook could interrupt, "We are calling the hyungs. It's been almost two hours since we were supposed to facetime and I know for a fact that they're all beyond worried."

"Okay, okay..." Jungkook murmured to himself. He slowly unballed his fists from Jimin's shirt. He had Jimin hold his hand while he pointed out the areas he felt the most pain to his mom. The slow, but constant comfort left him exhausted. His hyung noticed and began carding his fingers through the younger's hair soothingly. Jungkook's eyes kept falling closed. And Jimin kept frowning at him.