What now?

Davina

"Woah"

"Woah is right" Janet said. Trying to catch her breath.

I was still stunned. At that moment I felt brave enough to make the first move and kiss her. But all of that bravery left my body as soon as she looked at me. Now I just felt like a little kid getting caught stealing a cookie from the cookie jar.

"Hey" she lifted my chin "now don't go getting shy on me again. After kissing me like that, there's no going back." She giggled.

I smiled back at her "you're right, I'm sorry I don't know what came over me. I just couldn't let you leave without doing that." I said tugging at my ear.

I pulled away slightly until she gripped my hips and forced me back into our previous position."Oh no need to apologize love, I enjoyed every minute of it." She gave me a devilish grin as I bit my bottom lip.

"So what now?" I asked, still unsure about where we stood.

She paused for a moment thinking. "Now, we just let things happen naturally. I want to get to know you better if you'll let me?"

"I'd like that very much" I said as a smile tugged on my lips. And I wasn't lying. I was dying to know her, every part of her the bad and the good. I wanted to know the real Janet, not just what she portrayed to the world.

"Now, I have to get back before Miss Bessy throws a fit." I told her. Already regretting having to leave her.

Her eyes went wide. "Yeah you better, I don't want her coming after me. That woman scares me sometimes." She said, turning me around.

We made it back to the house but before I opened the door she stopped me. "Wait!"

"What is it?" I asked, a little confused.

She grabbed my chin and pecked my lips. "I just wanted to do that." I just chuckled to myself.

"Wait! one more." She said as she did it again making me laugh.

"Janet I ha-" she cut me off with a kiss.

"I seriously have t-" again

"Go-" I finally got my sentence out backing away and walking through the doors. I shook my head to myself smiling from ear to ear.

"Now what's got you smiling like that. And why in the world are you soaking wet child?" Miss Bessy asked me as I walked into the back kitchen.

Caught off guard I stopped for a moment thinking of an excuse. "Oh umm.. I was just thinking of something funny." I said, ignoring the second half of her question.

Bessy pressed her lips and gave me a side eye. "Mmhhmm, I may be old hunny but I ain't stuck on stupid." She said, while kneading some dough on the marble counter. I started feeling a little uneasy and I was nervous that she might know about Janet and I. She continued.  "Only thing can make a woman smile like that is a man hunny." She said with a proud grin on her face and holding her head up high like she'd just solved a complicated puzzle.

I couldn't hold it in. It just came bursting out, and now I was bent over laughing uncontrollably and holding on to the table for support. Miss Bessy stopped what she was doing and stared at me like I was absolutely crazy, making me laugh even harder.