Ain't no way

Janet

After showing Davina to her seat I got to meet all of her friends. They were all really nice and welcoming, well for the most part. One of her friends was a bit standoff-ish and didn't even acknowledge my presence, I didn't think too much about it because I had a million other things to worry about.

Davina looked absolutely breathtaking tonight, it literally left me speechless. I spotted her as soon as she walked through those doors and I was still a little stunned. When she was walking down those steps I couldn't hear anything going on around me, and when she touched my hand it was like my world just stopped. For a moment we were the only ones in existence, for a moment it was just the two of us, like it was meant to be. I didn't want her to ever pull away, words could not accurately describe what this woman does to me.

I escorted her to her seat and left Davina at her table, making my way to the stage to get everything started. I met up with Gil behind the stage, he helped me organize this whole event. I convinced him to put his creative director skills to the test and he really showed out. If it weren't for him, I don't think I would have been able to pull this off. He held a clipboard and was talking into the earpiece he had on looking all professional, it made me laugh.

I peaked behind the curtain at all the people seated before me and I began getting really nervous just thinking about going on that stage. I had no problem singing and dancing my heart out in front of thousands of people, but talking to a crowded room was something totally different. I coached myself on the side and Gil had to practically push me onto the stage.

I made my way to the podium, adjusting the mic a little before I addressed the crowd. As soon as I walked on the stage the room erupted in cheers, I waited a minute for everyone to settle down before I spoke.
"Hello everyone and welcome to our annual charity ball. My name is Janet Jackson and I'm this years host." Everyone applauded and cheered for me sending a few whistles here and there, some louder than the rest.

"Go head Miss Jackson I see you baby!" I heard someone in the audience shout. That was definitely my girl Missy. I thought about my friend and it brought me some confidence.

I cleared my throat. "We will have a few very talented performers on this stage tonight as well as a few speeches. I hope you all remembered your checkbooks." I joked and the crowd laughed in response.
"So without further ado, I would like to introduce our first performance of the night. The beautiful and talented H.E.R!"
The crowd cheered as she made her way onto the stage with her guitar and wearing her large shades. I quickly took my exit on the opposite end.

I stood off to the side as she performed her new single 'Comfortable'. I watched the room as they enjoyed her angelic voice and I looked to where Davina was sitting with her friends. The entire performance I couldn't take my eyes off of her. She was smiling that gorgeous smile and sang along to the song while dancing in her seat. Watching her enjoying herself brought a smile to my face, but that smile quickly faded when the girl sitting next to her leaned in a little too close for my liking. It was the same girl from earlier who completely ignored me, she had short hair and green eyes.

She whispered something in Davinas ear that made her freeze and her eyes got real wide. I could see this woman's hand on her thigh as she slowly moved it higher and higher. I was about to march over to that table but thankfully Davina smacked her hand away quickly, but I was already heated. I wanted to run across this stage and cut a bitch, I was so pissed.

H.E.R finished her song and it was time for me to get back on that stage. I tried my best to fix my facial expressions but as soon Davina saw my face, hers dropped immediately. I introduced the next artist quickly, keeping the jokes to a minimum because I just wasn't in the mood anymore, and I walked off yet again.