Birthday Girl (P.1)

IT'S MUTHA MITAS BIRTHDAYYYY🎉🎊
Happy Birthday to the Queen, the legend, the ICON, the woman who can do it all AND look good while doin it😘🎂

This chapter is a long one and it's divided into two chapters because it's her mf BIRTHDAYYY. So get comfortable!!

(^^ Davinas outfit in the pic above)

Janet

I checked my phone for what felt like the hundredth time today, but still nothing. I didn't get a call, a text, not even a peep.

The only person that reached out to me today was mother, but she didn't count. I'm not one to pout or be a brat but today was my birthday and nobody bothered to wish me a happy one.

I was currently picking at my plate not even having an appetite to finish it. Mother had called me to take me out to a late lunch at an unnecessarily boujee restaurant and I wasn't in the mood at all, but she wouldn't take no for an answer.

"How's your salad sweetheart?" I pushed the greens around my plate,

"It's fine mother, thanks." She frowned.

"What's the matter?"

I sighed, setting my fork down. "Nothing"

"Well it don't look like nothing."

"It's just that... well, nobody wished me a happy birthday today. None of my friends, not Gil, not even Dav—" I stopped myself before I revealed too much but mother had already caught on.

"Not even who?" My palms began to get clammy and I could practically feel the beads of sweat forming on my forehead.

"No-nothing." She folded her arms giving me the look. You know the look that every mother gives you that just screams 'you better tell me now or you'll regret it later'. Yeah, That times ten.

"Damita." She said sternly.

"Mother r-really it's nothing, just another close...friend of mine."

I cringed silently on the inside hearing myself say the word 'friend' like the woman I was speaking about wasn't the love my life.

I hadn't spoken a word to my family about our relationship, and I hadn't thought about even telling them until right now. I had been so happy in our little bubble that I completely forgot about the outside world. Mother unfolded her arms and went back to her salad,

"Is this the 'friend' that's been taking up so much of your time?" She raised an eyebrow but once she realized I wasn't going to spill the beans she dropped it.

"Alright I'll let it go for now, but don't think you're completely off the hook."

I let a breath out silently relieved that I didn't need to have that dreaded conversation right now. I knew I needed to tell them, I just didn't know how. I was happy just keeping her to myself but I knew that eventually people would talk and wonder who I was seeing.

Reality was slowly setting in and all the possible opinions of other people were weighing down on my mind heavily. You'd think that I would have developed a tough skin by now when it came to the opinions of the media, but that wasn't the always case.

It would be so easy for me to say that the love that her and I shared was enough to take that step out into the public, but in all honesty I was starting to doubt that. So many things stood in our way and I knew that I would be able to handle any ridicule that we would face, but I didn't want to put her through that. She was too good, too loving and pure to deserve all that hate that I knew would come our way.