Sweet tooth

Davina

"I'm just going to text her and let her know I'm not coming."

"Do that and imma beat yo ass, try me D."

I groaned in frustration sitting on the floor of my closet, half of my clothes thrown lazily in
every-which-way. I was currently stressing about what I was going to wear for the event tonight and I have come to the conclusion that not showing up would be my best option at the moment. I was on the phone with Amara trying to get some support but she was absolutely no help at all.

I rolled my eyes thankful that she couldn't see me.
"Amara seriously, I can't show up to an event with all these big celebrities and important people looking average. And right now, I'm looking at average." I gestured to the clothes in my closet.

"Relaaaax D you'll be fine, I'm on my way now to see if we can't find something for you ight?"

I huffed blowing some hair out of my face and stood up, walking to the kitchen.
"Yeah yeah whatever just hurry." I giggled.
I haven't seen Amara in almost a month, we've both been so busy with our own separate lives that a day with just the two of us was needed.

I heard a knock on the door and I jogged over to open it, thinking it was Amara. "Dang girl that was fast." I yelled from the other side of the door, but when I opened it there was nobody there. I looked around, extremely confused but I figured that it was probably just some of the neighborhood kids messing around. I was about to close the door until I noticed a big black box sitting on ground. I picked it up noticing that it had some weight to it and walked back inside shutting the door behind me.

I sat the box on the dining room table and examined it for a second. It was a big beautiful black box that had a white ribbon tied around it neatly. I picked up the small card attached to it, which was written with white ink and the cursive contrasted nicely with the black background.

Just a little something to say thank you, I can't wait to see how beautiful you look in this tonight. XO

-Janet

"I should've known" I mumbled to myself. I couldn't control my own hands, I quickly untied the ribbon removing the cover and my mouth fell to the floor. I couldn't believe what I was looking at, I traced my fingers over the fabric slowly, afraid that if I moved too fast it would disappear. I carefully held up the dress in front of me to get a good look at it.
The gown was a vibrant crimson color that drew me in, I immediately began getting lost in the sea of red. It was floor length and I didn't need to put it on to know that it had a flowing train to it. It was an off the shoulder dress with a low neckline. There was a slit on the right side that stopped just below the hip that made me a little nervous but even more excited to wear it.

I set the dress down seeing that at the bottom of the box were two smaller ones. I opened the bigger of the two to find a gorgeous pair of white pearl heels with red bottoms. How did she even know my size?
I set those aside and opened the smaller rectangular shaped box. I gasped when I opened this box and I had to sit down before I fainted. Inside this box was a diamond tear drop necklace with a pair of earrings to match. I couldn't believe my eyes, never in my life have I had such an expensive item in my possession. I wanted to cry, nobody has ever done something like this for me before and I was in complete and utter shock.
A tear fell down my cheek and I picked the dress up again smiling so hard my cheeks started to ache.

"Damn somebody tryna get pregnant tonight huh?" I jumped outta my skin hearing her behind me.
"Amara don't sneak up on me like that!" I screamed. I didn't even hear her come in I was so lost in my own mind.