V - Fairy-tale

Disclaimer: as the same as the prologue

After school ened I went straight to my home. I didn't want to see any of the Cullens nor that stranger that came to pick up Edward the day before. My haste though was unjustified, because if they were to pick the Cullens up they would be already here.

But to me it didn't matter.

Once I was home I went straight to my bedroom, to do my homework. I didn't want to have to do them during the night, even if I had to be honest, I wasn't looking forward to that moment where I would have to go to sleep.

Homework were kinda difficult to do, not because they were actually hard to do but because my head had decided to not cooperate with me, and instead of focusing on my paper that I had on my desk for almost falf an hour, it flew to my dream of the previous night.

It went back to those eyes, those golden eyes. So beautiful...

And at how much fear I felt in me.

But even if almost my whole body wanted to run away, there was a part of me that was pulling towards those eyes. They screamed danger but also safety at the same time, and this was pretty discouraging, because this added more confusion at my already messed up brain.

"Uff... " I huffed, clearly I was in no mood to do them... Maybe a walk would clear my thoughts? I hoped so.

After going downstairs and outside of the house I walked until I was at the foot of the forest and paused for a few seconds... I didn't know why but of the dream I just remembered those eyes, nothing else, and yet I had the feelings that it has happened in this exact forest.

Some parts of me where against the idea of going inside the greenwood. The other one was considerably pulling me towards it. Almost as if it wanted the answer of a never placed question.

I made the decision to go inside, and so I made my first step that took me in the inside of the forest. I kept going and going without looking back to then finding myself so away from the street and the house that I couldn't hear no more any sounds or signs of the presence of human life.

Besides me obviously.

I stopped when I arrived to a fallen tree, I sauntered over it and got confortable by sitting on it.

The image of those golden eyes still in my head. I brought both my hands to my face, to then shake it, why that image is so persistent in my head? 'Okay Bella, try to focus on your surrounding, or whatever other things you want...' I told myself, not being able anymore to just think to that strange dream.

And so I took a look at my surrounding. I had to admit it, Forks was absolutely stunning with all this green around it. Even if the weather it was almost always windy or rainy, it still seemed to live in a fairy-tale.

I was in the middle of this intake of the beautiful landscape when I heard it.

Or better said, I felt it. Goosebumps travelling all around my body, a fist like feeling in my stomach, and again fear. The unmistakable feeling of being the pry.

I wasn't alone, someone was here with me, I slowly turned my head to see if I could spot that someone, or something... But I had no luck in seeing it.

Then I heard it again, this time clearly, branches being crashed by heavy steps. I at that point had no more doubts, I listen to my instinct and runned towards the end of forest and towards my home. While I was running the feelings slowly decreased, that meant that whoever was there before watching me, didn't bothering in following me, luckily.

Arrived at home I closed the door with the key and went upstairs in my bedroom, I looked from my window to see if there was someone but nothing. I didn't went to finish my assignments, but instead I decided to return at the ground floor of the house and to cook some dinner, I didn't honestly noticed how much time I spent outside, and when I saw the time on the clock I was honestly a bit taken back.

I didn't bother to wait for Charlie, he texted me in the morning telling me that he was going to be late and that I could in the meantime eat something. Obviously I cooked also for him, and when I finished I took his plate and put it in the fridge. I wrote down a note and stick it to it, so when he was home he could find the food.

I returned upstairs and as I stepped inside my bedroom I felt all the heaviness of the day crush down on me. I was exhausted, no better words to describe me in that moment.

I undressed and put on my pyjamas to then going straight under my duvet. My homework long gone forgotten. And slowly I fell asleep. This time without any dreams, just pure darkness.

————————
N/A I apologize for eventual mistakes