VI - Tidy

Disclaimer: as the same as the prologue

I woke up with a start in the middle of the night, a strange feeling was crossing my back spine, the feelings that one have when it has been observed intensely by someone for a long period of time...

Once my eyes adjusted to the dim light of my room I noticed that I left my window open. 'Strange I didn't remember to have opened it.' was my first thought, though as more time passed, more strange ideas came to my mind. At the end I shook my head to drive away those thoughts, I was making up ideas too absurd to be real.

It was in no way possible that someone was in my room right?

I got up and closed my window, cold air was passing against my warmer skin. I suppressed a shiver, and as soon as I closed it I was again under the covers of my bed. Too tired to deal with my paranoia.

I let that my sleepiness and warmth of my bed lulled me until I was completely asleep again.

I woke up a couple of hours later when my alarm went on with that absolutely and utterly awful sound. I don't think there is anyone who likes the sound of the alarms on this planet.

I got up and started my routine as every day of my life, because that was my life, a routine. Getting ready for school, school, friends, home, homework, dinner and then sleep.

In that moment I realised two things , first that my life was really boring, and second that I didn't finished my assignment for today. "Well fuck..." What was I thinking yesterday? That my assignment would do itself by itself? I shook my head to drive away that absolutely absurd thought. "I at least hope that Charlie is still here..." I was going to attempt to asking him if he could sign a justification for school.

As I got closer to my desk where my papers where, and when I reached it I had to close and open my eyes for a couple of times before settling that my not so much done homework they were done...

'Okay... How?' My brain was searching for an answer, maybe sleep walking? Nah, because here we are talking of doing assignment for three different subjects. I took the first paper in hand and brought it closer to my face, and I stared at it.

"Wait a minute." I said narrowing my eyes, the writing... It's different form mine, this is too much tidy as writing to be mine!

I think that every other boy or girl would be grateful to have found their homework done. But in my case I wasn't, this discover brought my mind back to yesterday night, more specifically at when I woke up... I had the feeling that someone was staring at me, that's why I woke up. And now? Now I was finding my homework done by a foreign handwriting. Clearly someone has been in my room.

A shiver crossed my whole body.

I snapped out of my thoughts as I heard the tipical knock on my door, so I went to open it for Charlie.

"Good morning... Hey everything okay? You look pale." Do I?

"Hey Dad, no I'm I'm okay don't worry." I put on a fake smile to convince him. And to convince also myself.

"Okay if you say so... Are you ready for school?"

"Yes, I just have to prepare my backpack and then I'm on my way." I reassured him.

"Okay, I better go, have a good day at school Bells" He wished to me.

"Yeah dad, you too" I managed to tell him while he was come down the stairs.

Said that, I took everything that that was needed for my day, and with that done I was off for the road.

The rest of the day I spent it trying to not think about that someone may or may not have been in my room... After school I stayed for a couple of minutes talking to Mike, Eric and him decided that we are going to the beach of La Push one day. I already agreed to come with them only if the weather was going to be good, and Mike assured me that it was going to be.

As I returned home I went upstairs and checked my window, trying to see if there was any sign of breaking in... But I found none.

This time I made sure to do my assignments and after I went downstairs cooking a meal for Charlie and me.

When Charlie got home from work we both had dinner and right afterwards having wished him a good night I went to sleep.

———————
N/A I'm sorry for any mistakes